HELP ME PLEASE! Never had a craving like it :( Struggling not to give in

Snootybutnice

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Throw some salt and vinegar on a plate and soak it up with something - I always used to eat my bread in Spain with salt/oil/vinegar. Perhaps soak it up with some Protein bread from Lidl.

Reactions: Freema

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
Protein bread at Lidl? That's one I'll have to check out!

I buy the cheap protein bars (strawberry and vanilla flavour) 2g sugar per 100g - very useful when running around at lunch. Also the herb gymnema sylvestre is useful - I find that taking this on a regular basis stops my craving for sweets (and if I do eat carbs I believe its supposed to stop them being converted to glucose). It's been used for years to control diabetes.

Know what you mean about the chips - it's the vinegar smell that gets me every time!

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I love fish and chips too. I haven't succumbed to the whole thing, but I have had the fish part including the batter on four occasions in the last month . It's not done me any harm at all. Loads of salt and vinegar, mayonnaise instead of tomato ketchup and making sure I took a long walk ( 30 mins) on the way to and from the chippie. That's included in the numbers set out in my signature. ( I did steal a couple of chips as well from someone else's plate )

MissMac

It wasn't meant that way, I read your post about a shed load of chips with lashings of salt and vinegar and then can't get it out of my head, chips pie adn gravy is running through my thoughts with hobnail boots on.
So much so I have chained myself to the setee and tied my feet together to stop myself running down to the chippy for double portions.
Cravings are so hard to deal withbut then we are all in this together, well I hope we are and I am trying ( badly, I suppose) to empathise with you in your cravings.
OHalf says my sense of humour is ****
Sorry if I have offended you I didn't intend to
Noooo there was no offence taken at all, I was having a blonde moment and clearly not reading it right! Sorry for making ya crave stuff xxxx

Snootybutnice

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Protein bread at Lidl? That's one I'll have to check out!
@Nicksu It tastes great and is about 8gm carbs - it looks triangular in shape and looks dark on the outside but a lot lighter in colour on the inside. It's quite heavy compared to normal white bread and full of seeds but it's moist and quite scrummy! Today I cut it in half and made 2 small sandwiches but when I tried it last week I was using the whole roll and making 1 big sandwich filled with ham/cheese/fresh spinach/bit of tomato and a small layer of vegemite :-D Very filling and tasty!!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Warburtons are now doing protein bread loaves, buns and flat bread all lower carb used the flat breads to do a wrap the other day.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Warburtons are now doing protein bread loaves, buns and flat bread all lower carb used the flat breads to do a wrap the other day.
WarburtonsHi protein Loaf 32g carb/100g
Warburtons wholemeal loaf 37.8g carb/100g
Warburtons Hi protein roll 30g carb/100g
Lidl hi protein roll 8.5g carbs/100g

So a small drop in carbs compared to ordinary wholemeal, but the lidl is much lower!

Vangellis0

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dinner was chicken and stuffed mushrooms...I can't stomach the thought of meat and I cannot stomach the thought of cheese!!! Not sure on the chips...it's more the salt and vinegar if I am honest!! I love questions...if you can help with some answers! lol x
I have whelks cockles or prawns with salt and vinegar on them also pepper satisfies my craving and no spike vangellis0

Reactions: JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I was out on my daily walk on the trails today, it was hissing it down with rain and my tummy was rumbling when a thought popped into my head and it was chocolate, then I had another thought cheese burger then I realized what I really craved was a chocolate cheese burger but that can't be right can it?

Reactions: hankjam

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was out on my daily walk on the trails today, it was hissing it down with rain and my tummy was rumbling when a thought popped into my head and it was chocolate, then I had another thought cheese burger then I realized what I really craved was a chocolate cheese burger but that can't be right can it?

I could find a way...

MissMac

Hey guys,
Jen not inappropriate but most definately not!! It was a sodium need...sorted by you lovely lot! AS for chocolate burgers...that sounds awful! lol I'm now missing pastry...danish pastry..nothing is gonna satisfy that little one! Just gotta be strong in the face of hormones! xxx

Sauron

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morons
You can't go wrong with lemon pepper!

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dinner was chicken and stuffed mushrooms...I can't stomach the thought of meat and I cannot stomach the thought of cheese!!! Not sure on the chips...it's more the salt and vinegar if I am honest!! I love questions...if you can help with some answers! lol x
Hey guys,
Jen not inappropriate but most definately not!! It was a sodium need...sorted by you lovely lot! AS for chocolate burgers...that sounds awful! lol I'm now missing pastry...danish pastry..nothing is gonna satisfy that little one! Just gotta be strong in the face of hormones! xxx
Hi, I'm new to the LCHF, (diagnosed type 2 on 30 September 2016) and I'm probably repeating someone else, but have you tried KP salt and vinegar flavoured peanuts? They're not bad flavour wise. Sorry I know this post is a bit late!!

Cally

MissMac

Hi, I'm new to the LCHF, (diagnosed type 2 on 30 September 2016) and I'm probably repeating someone else, but have you tried KP salt and vinegar flavoured peanuts? They're not bad flavour wise. Sorry I know this post is a bit late!!

Cally
I've just got normal salted ones to be honest and they satisfy it! It has never been as bad as that night thankfully..though randomly for the first time since diagnosis (considering I was a sugar fiend til that point) I have been craving sweet stuff...sad times but not given in! x

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've just got normal salted ones to be honest and they satisfy it! It has never been as bad as that night thankfully..though randomly for the first time since diagnosis (considering I was a sugar fiend til that point) I have been craving sweet stuff...sad times but not given in! x
Bless you, I've no idea if I'm coping or not!! I think my husband is just a wee bit fed up with me shouting at the telly "can't eat that!" I love these threads, I just wish I had something useful to add, just a bit of a sponge at the moment. Lots to digest (forgive the pun). Thankyou MissMac, you've given me my first trophy :happy:

MissMac

Bless you, I've no idea if I'm coping or not!! I think my husband is just a wee bit fed up with me shouting at the telly "can't eat that!" I love these threads, I just wish I had something useful to add, just a bit of a sponge at the moment. Lots to digest (forgive the pun). Thankyou MissMac, you've given me my first trophy :happy:
Ah I never post anything useful just moan mostly or ask for advice! As for being a sponge...I hear ya...couldn't do much but wallow for the first few weeks and certainly could not deal with reading too much or anything. As for a trophy...you'll get lots and lots am sure xxx

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ah I never post anything useful just moan mostly or ask for advice! As for being a sponge...I hear ya...couldn't do much but wallow for the first few weeks and certainly could not deal with reading too much or anything. As for a trophy...you'll get lots and lots am sure xxx
Just read your message to my husband. All he could say was "sponge - you can't eat that" ratbag, he's eating a vanilla slice at the moment!!!!