Type 1 Carry Case

T1Dad

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi Everyone,

Was wondering if anyone knows of a good carry case to use for all the Diabetic medications.
We currently have one overall case, which contains a separate case for the insulin pen and a separate case for the glucose meter and test strips etc.

It would be really good to have one single case to store:

1) Insulin Pen + around 20 needles max
2) Glucose Meter (Aviva Accu Check Expert)
3) Aviva Test Strips container
4) Fast Clix Finger pricker
5) One pack glucose tabs + some tissues etc.

I'm looking for something that has all the fastenings so equipment is stored securely within the case and is relatively compact enough to save space. Any help or first hand experience would be appreciated.

Cheers,
T1Dad

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Use a kids pencil case cheap and cheerful :)

T1Dad

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Perfect. Thanks for the replies. I like the "Joes" case. Would be even better if it had a shoulder strap for when my daughter moves about between swimming, PE lessons etc. But I think we'll try it out.

jocat44

I've got the frio travel case it's a good size has a compartment for your frio wallet some zipped compartments for test strip containers, needles etc then a large zipped compartment for meter, hypo stuff etc. There is also a zipped compartment on back of bag. I can fit more stuff in the frio case than I can the joes case

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ditto @GrantGam1337 ! I love my Small-in-one!

Had a black one for YEARS and when I got my pump this time last year I treated myself to both a red one and a blue one - one for my pump handset, test strips, empty pot for used strips, pricker - and one for my cannula auto inserter, spare infusion set, insulin pen, cartridge, batteries and ketone strips.

They are perfect.

But a single case was just right for my MDI stuff. Except I always kept glucose tablets and tissues in my pocket or bag, not in the case. It's like the Tardis, but only up to a point!

Reactions: GrantGam

Battman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Everyone,

Was wondering if anyone knows of a good carry case to use for all the Diabetic medications.
We currently have one overall case, which contains a separate case for the insulin pen and a separate case for the glucose meter and test strips etc.

It would be really good to have one single case to store:

1) Insulin Pen + around 20 needles max
2) Glucose Meter (Aviva Accu Check Expert)
3) Aviva Test Strips container
4) Fast Clix Finger pricker
5) One pack glucose tabs + some tissues etc.

I'm looking for something that has all the fastenings so equipment is stored securely within the case and is relatively compact enough to save space. Any help or first hand experience would be appreciated.

Cheers,
T1Dad
I have a case from Desang, but pricy but well worth it

Reactions: Snapsy

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That reminds me, thanks @Battman - I had a Desang case and loved it - I could fit absolutely everything in it including glucose tablets and tissues and loads of extra stuff. It looked gorgeous in its own right - mine was tan leather.

:)

T1Dad

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thanks for all the suggestions. Went with the Joe's small in one case in the end. Couldn't be happier with it so far. Lets see if it lasts the test of time and being mishandled by my 5yo daughter!!

Appreciate the help everyone :):)
photo.JPG