Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
'morning all! I was a little apprehensive last night in deciding how much to reduce the Lantus so I decreased by only one unit to seven. Lo and behold, 5.1 this lovely sunny morning. I'm relieved if not happy!

This proves you are on the right track

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I forgot to take my fasting bloods this am. Been out all day and just sat down and it is 9.9. I am buttered, I haven't had anything but water from 10.30 to now as I have been on a Driver Awareness course!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
6.7 today. I have come to the conclusion that my problem is potatoes! I always indulge (though no more than 4 small potatoes) when I'm at the parents on a Sunday night. And because of that my sugars always seem to be up. Grrr!

Anyway off to my first appointment at the diabetic clinic today. We shall see what they say. Lord knows anything is better than my GP - who have given me sweet nothing as regards advice.

Enough of my rant!
Reheated potato does not affect my bgs. Not everyone thou. Have a try. :)

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I prefer in the 5's myself and eating low GI foods will sometimes come back to bite you as they will haunt you for longer. They do with me anyway.

plantagenet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry an earlier poster said he does, not you!
Instead of the Green Post reply at the bottom of the screen, use the reply option at the end of the specific post to avoid confusion, then everyone will know who you are responding to.

Last edited:
A

asparagusp

I did with one poster, plantagenet, but in that reply I also answered another poster! Ignore which isn't relevant! lol

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
So much confusion on here. :confused: :banghead:
Let's just stick to Fasting level numbers and if know why - might help? Just a suggestion.
Dawn Phenomenon and blocks are relevant here. Or any discovery to reduce fbg when high but not none fasting level debates please.
Thanks @asparagusp . Ask a question section is for debate and proven answers which is a different post.
Thanks in advance!

Fbg 5.4 with half the amount of insulin noted at last dn appointment last month.
:) :) :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tim55