Hypoglycemia Alarm?

sorceress

Hi everyone.
I am the parent of a 12 year old who has type 1 diabetes. He has been diabetic since he was the age of Two.
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience of this product?
Although I am not convinced it is completely reliable I guess I am just looking for something to aid peace of mind at night time when we are all asleep. I honestly don't think I have had a great nights sleep for 10 years! :shock: It is always in the back of my mind.
My childs diabetes is quite well controlled, however the few bad hypos he has had have usually been in the middle of the night which makes me worry even more I suppose.

easylinkuk.co.uk/page31.html

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya,
i used to suffer with night time hypos and to be honest i was scared as i was single at the time, i was thinking of buying one, i looked around and the cheapest i saw was 39.00, it was a watch type,
it did wake me when hypo (they do work by you sweating ,so if u sweat when hypo it can work) but it also woke me a few times when i wasnt hypo, i think id just got too warm, i tried it in the day but did get false readings due to being warm doing housework etc,
i did continue to use it in bed only and as i say it did wake me, if you can cope with having a few false readings then they are ok,
i must say ,it did help stop me being so anxious but wasnt perfect
hope this helps :D

cymraes

Hi Totsy

Please can you let me know where you found a hypoglycemia alarm for £39? The cheapest I have found so far has been £69.95 and they don't seem to be listed on the price comparison websites.

Thanks