Regular moderate exercise log

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi folks - I've been missing this thread!

Today I went for a bike ride! I've got over the kidney infection (beginning of August) but am still not really up to speed - empty limbs, aching muscles and fatigue - but this morning we decided to go for a gentle bike ride.

I don't do gentle! So I rebelled and WHIZZED away into the distance. Blimming marvellous!

Just had a fry-up for brunch. Feeling knackered, trembly and tired - but oh boy I am LOVING these endorphins! I've missed them sooooo much! Had done NOTHING for months.

:)
Nice to see you back.
Why am I not surprised that you didn't take a gentle ride in the countryside.:):):):)

Trachet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Curry. Rude people.
Not doing the triathlon tomorrow as I'm too ill. Asthma and cough are not good. I need to be well to earn money.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Not doing the triathlon tomorrow as I'm too ill. Asthma and cough are not good. I need to be well to earn money.

Sounds the sensible thing to go sensible in the circumstances. But I guess you're disappointed?

Trachet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Curry. Rude people.
Sounds the sensible thing to go sensible in the circumstances. But I guess you're disappointed?
yes, but it gives me more time to work on my running :yuck:Also I need physio on my shoulder as it is stiff and painful. At least at the new surgery I'm attending are seriously impressed :angelic:

Reactions: Snapsy

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Awww I'm pleased that that's the right decision for you but @Trachet I'm sorry at the inevitable disappointment. Am still gutted I missed the bank holiday Monday local 5k in August, and I'm missing the cross country season (which was going to be my first!).

Still, there's no deadlines on these things, and as you say, it gives one more time to work on one's running!

Feel MUCH better soon, @Trachet - it'll be worth the wait!

Last edited:

Trachet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Curry. Rude people.
Awww I'm pleased that that's the right decision for you but @Trachet I'm sorry at the inevitable disappointment. Am still gutted I missed the bank holiday Monday local 5k in August, and I've missing the cross country season (which was going to be my first!).

Still, there's no deadlines on these things, and as you say, it gives one more time to work on one's running!

Feel MUCH better soon, @Trachet - it'll be worth the wait!

Thank you that's really sweet.

Trachet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Curry. Rude people.
Did anyone come across and fill in a questionnaire 'One You '? It was about improving your lifestyle, diet(ha!) and exercise. It came back to visit me today, via email. Filled in the form and these are the comments. They seem a bit off?

2016-10-10.png

[/ATTACH]
2016-10-10 (1).png

Trachet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Curry. Rude people.
This is my little journey to school I do twice a week. Coming back is better. (I wish it did take me 34 minutes!)

2016-10-10 (3).png

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Trachet I'd evaluate those results as 'wow, that's loads - you're really making an effort and are certain to be reaping benefits.'

Pfffffffff to the silly so-and-sos!

:mad:

How are you feeling? Hope you're feeling a bit better!

Trachet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Curry. Rude people.
@Trachet I'd evaluate those results as 'wow, that's loads - you're really making an effort and are certain to be reaping benefits.'

Pfffffffff to the silly so-and-sos!

:mad:

How are you feeling? Hope you're feeling a bit better!

Thank you. Still bunged up and eyes watering more than normal (I have diabetic retinopathy glaucoma and blind in my R eye). Going to ask if the librarian at school can pick me up from Petersfield train station. Hopefully someone else can give me a lift back to a place I can get a train or a bus. Gill, the librarian would give me a lift back when she finishes but that is usually over an hour after I finish. I also have to teach about 5.30 so I don't want to be too late home. Things are so much more complicated now that I'm no longer allowed to drive.

Chill33

I received a call from my Dr's in August to advise me that a test taken in July a year ago showed me to just be in the parameters of Type 2 diabetes. They wanted to repeat the test believing it initially to have been one month ago. However during the year my family circumstances have changed and I now have to walk our two family dogs twice a day, come rain or shine. The repeat test showed me to no longer be within those parameters. I was aware of having lost a little weight but absolutely delighted that this small change has made such a difference. :)

Reactions: 75Bedford

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning folks!

Celebrated the first birthday of my pump and my husband's birthday yesterday with a 10-ish mile bike ride - it was FABULOUS!

And I'm feeling okay this morning, so I think I have finally shaken off those long lasting post infection symptoms!

I want to start back at running club this evening but my husband isn't keen - he wants me to gain a whole stone before I start running again. I think that's a tall order before this evening, to be honest - :confused: - so I am trying to get him to come too so he can see that I CAN do it, and to keep an eye on me if he really wants to!

Onwards and jolly well UPWARDS, I say. Tally ho!

:happy:

Reactions: Japes

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Now I'm back from extended hols I'm straight back into my fitness regime and loving it. For me it's gym for weights 3x, running total of say 4 miles pw, circuit group session x 1....makes me feel great, controls BG really well:)

Reactions: Snapsy and Japes

Trachet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Curry. Rude people.
Morning folks!

Celebrated the first birthday of my pump and my husband's birthday yesterday with a 10-ish mile bike ride - it was FABULOUS!

And I'm feeling okay this morning, so I think I have finally shaken off those long lasting post infection symptoms!

I want to start back at running club this evening but my husband isn't keen - he wants me to gain a whole stone before I start running again. I think that's a tall order before this evening, to be honest - :confused: - so I am trying to get him to come too so he can see that I CAN do it, and to keep an eye on me if he really wants to!

Onwards and jolly well UPWARDS, I say. Tally ho!

:happy:
Wonderful news. I would though say take your time recovering. I have entered my 3rd week of a cold and no exercise. Everytime I feel a bit better I do a bit of cycling (15 - 20 mins to the shops) and work and the cold gets worse the next day. I am trying to take it easy but life is getting in the way.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Had a very strange couple of weeks or so, health wise, and just beginning to emerge properly.

Still managed to keep walking most days, though, and amazingly, considering I had two days where I couldn't face leaving the house, had an 8 mile average last week. I go from Wednesday being the start of my walking week, as I began the concerted attempt to walk more on a Wednesday! Seems to work in keeping me motivated to walk - Wednesday's my manic work day so I don't worry about low walking those days, Thursday, Friday I want to get a good foundation to the week's total/average, the weekend longer walks happen more easily if I've had a good start, and then I want to keep going determinedly on Monday and Tuesday!

But I am still contemplating adding swimming to the mix. Which is the only other kind of exercise I've ever really liked and been able to stick with. Either I've currently got a duff batch of test strips (new pot is being started today) or I need to try different exercise or... well, you all know the potential variations of what could be raising BS all round. I'd just not wanted to add it until I'd stopped losing weight on the expense of new clothes front.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Recalculated yesterday's bike mileage - 20 miles, not 10 (forgot that I only measured the way back, not outbound!).

This morning I was going to go to running club this evening. Managed 2 hours at work this morning then had to slope home. If I weren't self-employed I'd've got the sack by now...........

Still, today's exercise was nice. Two hours of being asleep this afternoon.

:banghead:

Too much too soon? SO CROSS with my body right now!

Thanks for listening - sorry for the rant, folks.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Recalculated yesterday's bike mileage - 20 miles, not 10 (forgot that I only measured the way back, not outbound!).

This morning I was going to go to running club this evening. Managed 2 hours at work this morning then had to slope home. If I weren't self-employed I'd've got the sack by now...........

Still, today's exercise was nice. Two hours of being asleep this afternoon.

:banghead:

Too much too soon? SO CROSS with my body right now!

Thanks for listening - sorry for the rant, folks.

Bodies can be most ridiculous things. I can only sympathise.

(Though, at the moment it's my mind which is being utterly ridiculous. I've got a heck of a lot of Muddle and Mess to untangle when I do return to work.)