Such a bad start to the day!

Chloesnavy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
So lucky my interview actually went well, and I've been invited for a trial day next Monday. I have no idea however, as I was soooooo stressed! The electricians came round at 11am, to come and fit an extractor fan which I had no idea about. My interview was at 1 and I had to get ready with them there, drilling and being loud. Then I had a hypo whilst I was being interviewed! Ahhhhh

Reactions: 75Bedford

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hey Chloe - congratulations on the try out ;)

Did they notice you had a hypo and did you say anything ? It's typical having one during an interview, but as long as you were ok.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So lucky my interview actually went well, and I've been invited for a trial day next Monday. I have no idea however, as I was soooooo stressed! The electricians came round at 11am, to come and fit an extractor fan which I had no idea about. My interview was at 1 and I had to get ready with them there, drilling and being loud. Then I had a hypo whilst I was being interviewed! Ahhhhh

Hi,

Was it a kitchen or bathroom extractor??

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
glad it all ended up ok for you -- must have been stressful
x

marktype1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bad blood sugars, not being able to eat chocolate fudge cake.
Hypos are the absolute worst for creeping up at the worst times. I feel your pain there. I often have hypos before leaving work which means I have to sit in my car for 30 / 40 mins before I can drive. Such annoyance!! Well done for getting the job though, imagine what you could do if you were not hypo?? :')

Chloesnavy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hypos are the absolute worst for creeping up at the worst times. I feel your pain there. I often have hypos before leaving work which means I have to sit in my car for 30 / 40 mins before I can drive. Such annoyance!! Well done for getting the job though, imagine what you could do if you were not hypo?? :')

Haha exactly. I was shaking the whole time but stupidly I didn't do anything about it, I scoffed loads of chocolate beforehand and it didn't help! Gah!

Chloesnavy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey Chloe - congratulations on the try out ;)

Did they notice you had a hypo and did you say anything ? It's typical having one during an interview, but as long as you were ok.

They didn't notice no but I told them I'm type one diabetic and they said it was absolutely fine and that they've had diabetics before :) I'm normally confident but not when it comes to interviews ha ha :(

Reactions: Juicyj and himtoo

marktype1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Haha exactly. I was shaking the whole time but stupidly I didn't do anything about it, I scoffed loads of chocolate beforehand and it didn't help! Gah!

It always feels really awkward though, how do you actually tell someone when you are in that position without looking strange and feeling uncomfortable?

Chloesnavy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
It always feels really awkward though, how do you actually tell someone when you are in that position without looking strange and feeling uncomfortable?

I feel the same, especially if they don't completely understand it all... Just, "sorry to interrupt but I need to take ten minutes and eat some chocolate" whilst shaking

marktype1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I feel the same, especially if they don't completely understand it all... Just, "sorry to interrupt but I need to take ten minutes and eat some chocolate" whilst shaking

Hahaha :')

Gis a minute, just starvin to death ere.......

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
An installation haha how come?

Understanding the existent of the works undertaken...

& you may find the "flappy" vent on the outside wall a little annoying (especially at night.) in high wind, as the air pressure lifts & drops the shutters on the vent??

Chloesnavy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Understanding the existent of the works undertaken...

& you may find the "flappy" vent on the outside wall a little annoying (especially at night.) in high wind, as the air pressure lifts & drops the shutters on the vent??

Ahhhh ok. I have no idea. I've never had one before! it got put in without us even knowing beforehand but we needed it I guess