Accuracy of Enlite sensor.

Maryam_Alam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello everyone I recently got a paradigm pump along with CGM. I had got the sensor attached yesterday but the readings are very different from my glucose monitor on the cgm it was 48 whereas on the meter was 114 then before meal meter was showing 240 but cgm was showing 164. Someone else had the same problem?

1Sarah1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi my 2yr old has the enlite sensor - it normally takes at least 12 hours to bed in and have reasonable readings compared to blood test. Obviously it's not going to be the same as its measuring the tissue and there is the lag. I normally find there is probably 1mmol difference. Have they improved after 24hours?

Maryam_Alam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi my 2yr old has the enlite sensor - it normally takes at least 12 hours to bed in and have reasonable readings compared to blood test. Obviously it's not going to be the same as its measuring the tissue and there is the lag. I normally find there is probably 1mmol difference. Have they improved after 24hours?
I am quite new to this so I was worried but the sensor was faulty we changed it today now the new sensor is fine. I heard about enlite sensors not being accurate but they are the only ones I have access to. I got an allergic reaction to the taping changed the site hope it works. Thanks for clearing

AmandaD

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've been using the enlite sensor for the last 6 years and occasionally I would have a wildly different reading on my glucometer compared to what the sensor was saying but usually the sensor was faulty and had to be changed. Nowadays the sensor is rarely out compared to my glucometer.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
My experience of enlites with the 640G was that they were as good as the Dexcom G5 when calibrated correctly. If calibrated when glucose levels were going up or down rapidly, they tended to stray more than when calibrated on the level.

Maryam_Alam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My experience of enlites with the 640G was that they were as good as the Dexcom G5 when calibrated correctly. If calibrated when glucose levels were going up or down rapidly, they tended to stray more than when calibrated on the level.
We figured out that the transmitter was faulty by counter checking it. I have got a replacement this one works fine now but in the mornings it alerts of low glucose whereas my sugar usually is fine.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
We figured out that the transmitter was faulty by counter checking it. I have got a replacement this one works fine now but in the mornings it alerts of low glucose whereas my sugar usually is fine.
That's often a sign of lying on the CGM sensor. It seems to happen with all of them.

Maryam_Alam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I've been using the enlite sensor for the last 6 years and occasionally I would have a wildly different reading on my glucometer compared to what the sensor was saying but usually the sensor was faulty and had to be changed. Nowadays the sensor is rarely out compared to my glucometer.
@AmandaD the first transmitter I had was faulty but after being replaced I get a difference of more than 45 units between the bg and cgm levels but its normal with less difference during the day does this happen to you too? I just annoying beeps in the early morning of low blood sugar even my sugar is all good

Maryam_Alam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
That's often a sign of lying on the CGM sensor. It seems to happen with all of them.
Ohh I get it now, this is a huge help thanks alot :) this thing starts beeping at 6am all the time till 9am and I wasn't able to figure out why and my pump trainer would say this happens but that annoys alot while asleep. Thanks again

Reactions: tim2000s