Type 1s: Mood

Elizabeth__m

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I go for a walk listening to my favourite music - it helps lift my mood, and I know I am doing myself good at the same time. Win win!

Reactions: noblehead

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @Tsitsi2010 - What are you feeling exactly ? A walk in the countryside always helps me when things get too much, and taking big lungfuls of air, calms the mind ;)

Tsitsi2010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi @Juicyj , was struggling to log in that's y I am only replying now. It's feelings of nervousness about the future, sometimes it gets too much to an extent of bringing up those negative thoughts.

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Take some time to think about all the good things you have achieved and how they made you feel, try to do this on a regular basis like every half and hour or when you go to get tea/coffee/drink. This could be anything like a good holiday, a work achievement, a family celebration. I find that it helps me to see that there are many more good things that happen around me that I'm also involved in than the not so good thing that's making me feel down.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
To be honest that's what can make this condition so hard to live with the worry of the future, I worry about the future too, I worry about being a burden and ill health but it's is hard to predict what our future will be like, really it's just live each day as it comes. I tried meditation which helped me when I needed it, being grateful for the little things helps too.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Have you tried a mindfulness app? They help you appreciate here and now and keep thoughts on the present rather than worry about the future which none of us can really control. X