Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

A

asparagusp

What's going on? Having dropped the evening Gliclazide and my insulin one unit to seven units, resulting in 7.3 yesterday - today 4.2! I'm happy! Post breakfast reading, 6.9. Still happy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Tim55

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

This morning I had a 6.0, which means I have seen a rise in the last three days and am now higher than I would like.

I am only taking half my prescribed Metformin does (2 per day, rather than 4) but that hasn't been an issue for a few weeks.

Also been doing some knee exercise before testing, which might be an issue, and no beer again last night....

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
8.8 at 7am was 5.9 before bed. Have I got a handle on this naaaaah!

D

debrasue

6.3 this morning. Ate a low carb roll yesterday which I made from a recipe from diet doctor. Don't know what I did wrong but they turned out purple and sludgy. Still ate one though. Weird behaviour!!!
Psyllium husks can turn food purple in colour - that might have been the problem. It doesn't affect the taste or the nutritional values though.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morning All

This morning I had a 6.0, which means I have seen a rise in the last three days and am now higher than I would like.

I am only taking half my prescribed Metformin does (2 per day, rather than 4) but that hasn't been an issue for a few weeks.

Also been doing some knee exercise before testing, which might be an issue, and no beer again last night....
Liver dump Tim, I suspect. I bet tomorrow will show low 5 or even high 4. ;)

Reactions: Liam1955

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
163 mg/dl or 9.0, lots of stress and lousy sleep last night.
I had brussel sprouts with lemon and salt, cubed beef steak , potatoes and onions last night. This is a usual dinner that usually doesn't spike my fasting glucose.

Last edited: