What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
10.6 or 191 mg/dl , it's 3am here and I'm sick. I seem to have picked up a cold at the dentist. I will try to go back to sleep and test again later. Already have a backup caregiver coming in so I can rest a little tomorrow. I think I have been sick more this year than any other except kindergarten.

Reactions: mo53 and Liam1955

Echob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
@Echob when were you diagnosed as it can take time for your levels to come down. What do you usualy eat.
I was diagnosed around April this year . Am losing weight now. Have cut down on carbs and trying to eat healthily . Fish twice a week. More protein more salad and fruit and trying not to have anything after 7pm bur my bg levels are always around 12

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
06:04
Left No 3
Thanks for listing which finger-it reminded me to switch hands. I got a new meter and lancing device a few weeks ago and have been testing on left hand because it's a little awkward to use left hand to manipulate this lancing device. I reused left hand instead of rotating to testing on right about a week ago.

Last edited:

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was diagnosed around April this year . Am losing weight now. Have cut down on carbs and trying to eat healthily . Fish twice a week. More protein more salad and fruit and trying not to have anything after 7pm bur my bg levels are always around 12

oh such hard Work and not as low as you want BC, try to cut the fruits away for a while and only eat berries in smaller amounts like 50 grams pro meal...

I dont know how much overweight you are ,but the liver produces a lot of glucose too in many diabetic type 2´s so maybe when you get down to your ideal weight or on your way there it will become better...

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51 and Liam1955

Paul3613

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
NOT BEING ABLE TO EAT WHAT I WANT, Outdoor gardening, Bad weather, Floods, Bush fires, Below zero temperatures, Not being able to walk my dog (she is to old),
5.1 this morning this the lowest reading I've had in over 3 years

Chasida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Pubs/clubs
6.7 at 8.20am, although that's a late morning for me as I'm usually up at 6.30am ... oh and I DID have a rubbish day diet-wise yesterday!
However, one hour following breakfast I was still only 7.7 ... so better check at two hours also

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
133 mg/dl or 7.3 at 9am, I'm already feeling a lot better than last night. On another note: I think jelly babies are what we call ***** bears. Not that I have needed any recently but good to know what other people are talking about. I think I will just continue on with regular routine today-I do not feel like taking a day off.

Paul3613

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
NOT BEING ABLE TO EAT WHAT I WANT, Outdoor gardening, Bad weather, Floods, Bush fires, Below zero temperatures, Not being able to walk my dog (she is to old),
6.3 this am, up a bit on yesterday but I am experimenting by trying different amounts and times that I eat a snack at night.