Diagnosed Yesterday

susieq99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
None.
Hi everyone my name is Lizz I was diagnosed yesterday with type2 . It freaked me out as I gave blood Monday as part of my annual MOT and the dr called me in Wednesday after ringing me In work and telling me to get straight in ( talk about freaking me out). I'm 47 , over weight and worried now. There is so much out there about type 2 I am struggling to get through the facts and the myths. I'm treating this as a wake up call so attempting to go low carb and nail this disease. But any advice would be reeeeeally welcome

Reactions: Freema

susieq99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
None.
Hi LIzz.I know it's a big scare when first diagnosed.I felt the same 12 years ago.I was put on diet for 4 years,but as you see no symptoms you can relapse. Then it's oral meds, But just had results of my last blood tests.which included thyroid,cholesterol and inflammatory checks.All great now classed as non diabetic.This means my sugar levels have not changed for 6 monthes, thyroid back to normal,cholesterol really back on track. So I have great energy,good diet now.and my life back.Listen to your doctor,it may take a while to get the glucose readings even,but it can be done. I changed my diet, firstly cut out bread and butter.take Benecol yogurt drink each morning,But the big change is I take a concoction [homemade] each morning of Turmeric 5g, ginger, chilli, garlic,apple cider vinegar,lemon juice and honey,Have told my doctor and he is interested.Its not the greatest taste first thing.but not the worst. Please don't buy foods which say for diabetics,they are un-neccesary.Read the labels,and try to eat clean,fresh food,cut down on meat, Fish is better [wild not farmed.] is best.seasonal fruit and veg.There is a lot to remember but you will get there in the end. GOOD LUCK.

MissMac

Hey @SisterMary...I never like to say welcome to the forum cause who wants to be her really?! Anyway just to say..you have happened upon the right place...the peeps on here saved my bacon when I was first diagnosed at the end of July. I went to pieces as so many do then with the advice from here and doing the LCHF I have never felt (or looked apparently) better..though it is expensive trying to buy all new clothes! SOunds to me like you have it all in hand..stand by for a testing but SO rewarding way of life now with this way of eating. We're always here...shout, scream,l laugh, whatever you need to do! xxx

SisterMary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank you miss mac and susieq99 everyone is so positive on here it has really helped . I'm not doing "diabetic " food just gonna eat clean and bake my own bread , cake baking is for everyone else now not me lol my work colleague will be chuffed . My karate students found out yesterday as my hubby let the cat out the bag so I'm now inundated with offers to do extra training instead of me just teaching everyone else , so positive motions .

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
Welcome to the forum :)