I love my pump

JANROU

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well one month since i started my pump and already i'm feeling better, no real big swings and only a few hypos. Had my first clinic appointment yesterday and my Hb1AC is down from 9% to 8%, hasn't been that low for over five years! Horace (the pump) is wonderful!! Sorry this isn't really a question or advice but I am so chuffed just needed to share. Here's hoping that all those waiting for their pumps get them soon :D

Vikki2

That's a lovely message to post thanks! We are fighting for a pump for our 4yr old and reading your message is even more encouraging that we are doing the right thing.
Vikki
x

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
When people say 'Pacific' instead of 'Specific' :-)
Hurrah! fab news :) I am loving mine too, connected 3 weeks tomorrow and I've got this infusion set changing lark down to a fine art :wink: 8) :p

Tim

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi All,

I have been on my pump since August 2009 and all I can say is that I feel so much better. My HBA1c was around 10 and I will find out my new result on Friday as I have a pump workshop.

I feel SO much better and find I am less worried about my diabetes on the whole. Hypos are much easier to control. I went skiing this last weekend (first time) and it was so great to be able to dial down my basal rate to like 50% while exercising to make sure I don’t go low. I also paraglide and the pump helps with this as well.

I for one wouldn’t go back and all the supposed hassles (infusion sets / more stuff to travel with / having something attached all the time) don’t even come into consideration against how much better I feel. It does take some work though to get things settled.

Anyhow, I posted some info on my pump on my blog: www.timpoulton.com

Happy to answer any questions.

Tim

cowmigator

Dislikes
Over cooked Steak
People who faff
Travelling on busses
People driving too close
I love mine too! I am so glad I'm not the only one who has named mine! Me and Englebert (pumperdink) have been together since December.

flozac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
:lol: I am just about to start using a pump, never thought of naming it. I will have to get my thinking cap on. I spend my life thinking of names as a midwife and a breeder of cocker spaniels, names feature highly :D So one more won't make a difference :wink:

JANROU

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What pump will you be on? let us know if you come up with a name, I need to name my remote as i'm forever trying to find it!!

flozac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
JANROU said:
What pump will you be on? let us know if you come up with a name, I need to name my remote as i'm forever trying to find it!!
I am getting a medtronic veo paridigm i was thinking maybe Peppa Pump :lol: