Casting Call

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Diabetes casting call: is there anyone with diabetes, or a parent of a child who has diabetes that would like to be in a short 3 minute video about how diabetes has affected them and how they manage it? We are making videos about a variety of diabetes topics.

Please drop us a message, PM or email... 8)

Panda

Hi I was diagnosed type 1 at the age of four. I am now 48 years old and have a daughter with diabetes she was diagnosed a tthe age of 7 and is now 25.
I would be happy to share my experiences to help others.

Kind regards
Amanda :)

kareeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Being so high I can barely open my eyes :(
Hi
I'm happy to discuss any aspect of being a Type 1, especially how frustrating lack of contol is!!

Karen

acron^

Dislikes
Diabetes?
24-year-old socialite, happy to discuss diabetes and its affects on an adolescent life (only been T1 for 18 months though).

Krysie

I'm a Type one diabetic, was diagnosed when I was three, I'm 22 now, would be quite happy to talk about my experiences, especially coping with it through uni!

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hey everyone,

Awesome responses. We are meeting with our director tonight to try and work out the best way to do it. Will keep you posted and definitely interested in everything so far.

Thankyou,

Admin

jenniheppy

Hi, I don't know if you'd want to hear my side of it all. I have been Type 1 for nearly 3 years and still not coping, but am going on the pump next week. My Dad was also a Type 1. I am 36.

Jenni :D

Curtscale

Hey there, i am interested in being in a video. I am 20, I have had type 1 diabetes for 8 years. I have let quite a hectic lifestyle at times like when i was touring in my band round the country. Other hobbies include Surfing, Snowboarding and skateboarding, I love everything that i do so i try not to let my Diabetes get in the way, although it doesn't help at times. :)

rgarcha

Hi,
Ive been type 1 for 27 years, age 36 now, have three great kids, all healthy, (except my youngest is autisic, dont think thats to do with diabetes thou.). I would love to share my life of diabetes, specially having resistances to insulin, and how some medical professions didnt except that it can be possible.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
71, T2 for 10 years, active life - can I help?
Ian

Dustydazzler

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Sore feet, spiders, feeling hungry, night time hypos
Can I be of any use? Type 1 for 13 months, working as cabin crew for a major airline. Didn't go down great work but managed to sucessfully fight my corner and not let diabetes affect my lifestyle! (DAFNE trained).

HARD

I am chairperson for our local diabetes support group and have type 2 diabetes for the past 7 years. If I can help please let me Know. I may even be able to convince some group members to help.

mrburden

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
I'd be interested in this. I'm 44 years old, T1 diabetic for 33 years with most of the major complications. So if I'm suitable...

tribby1

Hello, my name is Teresa I was diagnose with Type 1 in 1991, I really have had a bad time.
I was put foreward five years ago for the Pump, but money ect. , I went on the DAFNE and I have to say if you have a chance to go on this don't refuse, it really has helped and I go onto the Pump next Wednesday. I would be only to pleased to help with any advertisment and answer questions, I have very bad problems with sitting down, I'm always on the go say hence the Hypos.

bally

Hi I. Would like to share my views on the matter I am type 1 and type 2 so I take insulin twice and tablets twice daily, I only found out a year and half ago I am 41 years old. I am doing my best to control it but keep getting told I am too high. If anyone can give some advise would b great help xx

Janieb

Dislikes
People who think that all diabetics are lazy - think some education is in order :0)
I was diagnosed with type 2 last June and quite happy to talk about it :0)