Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
7.8 after my 2k 'walk' I carried two 500ml bottles of water for the last 300m, swinging them from my knee to my shoulder. Took 5mins less than yesterday too! 36 cals burnt!!!

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I am having a piece of cheese at 10.00pm I go to bed about 11.15 perhaps I will move the cheese to 11.00pm Perhaps I need to reset my alarm for before 3.00 eurgh!
That cheese at 10 or 11pm is normally enough to do a block. No more food through the night is neccessary. Eat again on rising after testing your fbg.

Reactions: Liam1955

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Blood taken at 5:45am this morning was 12.3 mmol after not eating since 6pm the previous evening
Too long for your liver. Take a protein nibble before sleep to block your dawn phenomenon maybe? Worth a try.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
7.8 after my 2k 'walk' I carried two 500ml bottles of water for the last 300m, swinging them from my knee to my shoulder. Took 5mins less than yesterday too! 36 cals burnt!!!
Did you test an hour after exercise? If not. My bgs higher straight after exercise. Yours was probably lower on testing hour later. Mine always is.
Go girl! I wish I could join you :(

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I am having a piece of cheese at 10.00pm I go to bed about 11.15 perhaps I will move the cheese to 11.00pm Perhaps I need to reset my alarm for before 3.00 eurgh!
Alarm thing wouldnt work hun as your body digests slower in the night. It wouldn't be digesting in time maybe.