Had it

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Chrisle68 . As a T1 I don't like to advise on anything not T1.
But with problems you seem to be having I would be considering a visit to diabetic clinic or GP for a review of medication.
Hope you get things sorted.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Chrisle68

To put things in perspective. If the figures I highlighted in red are "post meal"? Then that isn't too bad a spike. (Apart from the 23.5 to 29.9.)

.....& you are "with meter" & testing.. :)

The "downer" is, you apear to be running in the 20s.. (If this consistent on the day to day?)

Reviewing meds with the doc, thus lowering the starting/fasting point. May give you more optimistic figures along with keeping an eye on the pesky carb intake.? There are some sneaky ones you wouldn't think were there!

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Well my advice is for you under the conditions that you are a type 2 diabetic... ? it doesn´t tell in your signature... ? are you type 2 ?

it also seem to me that your numbers are way to high, not that your food emediately seem to raise it very much, but because you have so high levels even before eating, so under those circumstanses I think you would have to go to your doctor and get much more help.... they have to be there for you when your numbers are that high... it is really not good to be that high

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
In my personal view, you really need to watch the carbs .. fruit ..chips .. peas .. all quite carb heavy .. In your one meal here you have had more than a days worth of carbs that i would have had when getting my blood sugar down .. I was on 20g a day .. Ditch all the low fat foods and change them for high fat ones .. eat less carbs and the carbs you do have make them good ones ... like above ground veg ... Reduce your carbs slowly .. starting point at around 100g a day reducing weekly till your down to the level that your bs is in the good range .. It worked for me :)

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
UKIP, royalty, football, gin, goat's cheese.
Those figures are very high, by the way, I'm sure your doctor/diabetic nurse isn't aiming for you to have a BG level that high, so you should definitely be talking to them. By the way, it's really helpful if you put the type of diabetes you have in your personal info, so that people can tailor their advice, as it's likely to be very different depending on your diagnosis. So far, people seem to have been assuming you're Type 2. If that's so, then the low carb / Mediterranean diet is definitely worth looking into. Personally, I'd recommend the book 'The Blood Sugar Diet' by Michael Moseley as a starting point.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Those figures are very high, by the way, I'm sure your doctor/diabetic nurse isn't aiming for you to have a BG level that high, so you should definitely be talking to them. By the way, it's really helpful if you put the type of diabetes you have in your personal info, so that people can tailor their advice, as it's likely to be very different depending on your diagnosis. So far, people seem to have been assuming you're Type 2. If that's so, then the low carb / Mediterranean diet is definitely worth looking into. Personally, I'd recommend the book 'The Blood Sugar Diet' by Michael Moseley as a starting point.
Op says he's type 2 in the thread

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm type 2 Think I've had it years But only found 9 months ago

It can creep up on people that way.? My dad was T2.

I feel your making a valiant effort. Just a problem with the figures you surf at?
You knew this.. Hence the initial post? ;)

I'd say it would be a great help to your doc if a food diary was kept along with the test results & times.. A review of your meds & a tweak to the diet could be all you need to get back into healthy BS parameters?

Wishing you all the best!

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
UKIP, royalty, football, gin, goat's cheese.
Op says he's type 2 in the thread
Yeah, after I started writing... But it's useful to put in your personal info is my point, as some threads get too big to read every post.