Limbo Dancing Diabetes?

NeedleMagnet

Dislikes
See likes. Particular likes are Food, Archery, Walking
Hi
Just joined and posted in the T1 forum a serious post, this one however is intended to be a little more light hearted :) !

So I thought, post and tell people your lowest ever recorded blood level reading? *NOT* readings taken by other people but reading you have successfully taken yourself?

I am obviously *not* promoting going hypo (engage common sense). But you must remember having a surprisingly low reading and a big meal before the effects of a hypo kick in?!

My lowest, once I felt low, nothing serious, still able to use all my limbs (my legs stop working properly when I go hypo), did a test and it came out 1.3 mmol . I did quite a double take and then grabbed something to munch on (not lettuce).

What's yours?

>> I wouldn't do a "highest" reading post as especially back in the old days meters couldn't read above a certain value (20 mmol, then 33mmol now who knows)... and their readings get inaccurate above a certain level anyhow, even now.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I'm T2 and usually keep tightly within 4.5 - 5.9. I have gone down to 2.5 and last time Iwent over 7 was years ago
Hana

brianb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
Im a type 2 and at the time i was on no meds and i got a reading of 3.1 after scuba diving to 20 meters, My highest was 28...though i had just ate my first chinese meal in 6 months so that may have had something to do with that :D

Brian

NeedleMagnet

Dislikes
chinese is the richest of take aways, all base sugars and base fats.

28 is impressive you could keep still long enough to get the blood. lol

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
my lowest was 1.2 and highest was 38mmol on diagnosis :D

meisonlyme

The lowest I've recorded is 2.7 and the highest I have recorded is "HI" on my meter (I have no idea how HI that actually is because I dont know what that particular meter measures too before saying HI).

NeedleMagnet

Dislikes
totsy said:
my lowest was 1.2 and highest was 38mmol on diagnosis :D

ahhh, you beat me by 0.1 !!! although saying that I've also never knowingly reached 38!!

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
When people say 'Pacific' instead of 'Specific' :-)
My lowest is LO and my highest HI!! I don't do things by halves ;-) both were recorded when I was suffering from flu (separate flu bouts, years apart) and both before I did my DAFNE/INSIGHT course and started carb counting :p

Lucozade

NeedleMagnet said:
Hi
Just joined and posted in the T1 forum a serious post, this one however is intended to be a little more light hearted :) !

So I thought, post and tell people your lowest ever recorded blood level reading? *NOT* readings taken by other people but reading you have successfully taken yourself?

I am obviously *not* promoting going hypo (engage common sense). But you must remember having a surprisingly low reading and a big meal before the effects of a hypo kick in?!

My lowest, once I felt low, nothing serious, still able to use all my limbs (my legs stop working properly when I go hypo),

Hi, just curious, when you say your legs stop working what do you mean? Do they get shaky/weak feelings in them?

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
not sure about anyone else, but my legs have collapsed beneath me on 2 occasions. Once, I was in a busy town centre so lots of help around and the other, I was walking home and was on my lonesome. Both times, my legs were trembling so much that one of the passers by in town thought I was having some kind of MS 'episode'. I stand by my belief that it is your body objecting and saying 'look, if you don't top up your sugar, I'm not helping you any more!!' I must also point out that I had zero hypo awareness during both incidents so it came as a bit of a shock when I found myself on the floor :shock: :? :p

Lucozade

Debloubed said:
not sure about anyone else, but my legs have collapsed beneath me on 2 occasions. Once, I was in a busy town centre so lots of help around and the other, I was walking home and was on my lonesome. Both times, my legs were trembling so much that one of the passers by in town thought I was having some kind of MS 'episode'. I stand by my belief that it is your body objecting and saying 'look, if you don't top up your sugar, I'm not helping you any more!!' I must also point out that I had zero hypo awareness during both incidents so it came as a bit of a shock when I found myself on the floor :shock: :? :p

I kid you not, but that shakiness and trembling have been happening to me for years and I was actually diagnosed with MS (with completely normal brain and spine MRIs and all tests normal)!

It's only in recent years that I stated to correlate it with my food and now have a new GP who says he will get to the bottom of it properly.

You couldn't f*cking make it up could you!

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Lucozade, that is mental! do you have type 1? your profile doesn't say.....my Mum actually has MS so that is how I know how similar the shakes I can get can be mistaken!! and also for Epilepsy when it's a bad, bad hypo.....

sugar2

Lowest 0.9 and was conscious enough to look after myself, when on other occasions, 1.9 or so, would have me on teh floor in a heap.

I took thsi to be the fact that the meters aren't that accurate at those levels, and frankly, don't need to be...you are hypo...doesn't really matter what the number is I guess!

NeedleMagnet

Dislikes
Lucozade said:
Hi, just curious, when you say your legs stop working what do you mean? Do they get shaky/weak feelings in them?

It's more a case the muscles arn't able to hold my weight and balance is nearly impossible, i can on occasion stand but walking almost always involves falling over again so easier just to crawl. My left leg is very unsteady and shakes very easily when hypo. It also aches alot after going hypo, but my right is much better.

Reading your later posts here about shakes etc, I don't think what I have can be considered a similar thing, mine's physically much more like someone who is pi**ed (legless, even) .

Aubergenie

Dislikes
Weetabix, Twilight, Katherine Jenkins,
My lowest ever reading (that I managed to do myself) was 1.5, at work, to prove a point so I could go and have my lunch.

My Highest was 24.5, the week before I was diagnosed. I've managed to stay between 4.0 and 15 (on high days and birthdays) ever since.