What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
Hypo awareness is when you can tell your blood glucose level is too low and you may have the shakes the sweats, feel a bit strange, this in an ideal world should occur at just below 4, but if you're levels are higher you may experience the warnings at a higher level, alternatively if your control is kept a bit on the low side you will experience the symptoms at a lower level which can lead to hypo unawareness.
Thank you. See you tomorrow.

Reactions: Paul3613
M

mist

Yes it will be much more controllable. Really scared about the chemo though, more worried about the treatment than the cancer. Thank you for the group hug, I really appreciate it.

The chemo isn't too bad, it's the radiation that really sucks. Just keep eating, stay strong and you'll be fine. Oh and get lots of rest too, I remember that energy levels flatline so be sure not to over do it.

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I'd love to get numbers that low! I feel best of all when I can get into the 4s but it doesn't happen very often for me, unfortunately. I don't think you need to fear 4s though, @SWUSA (72-88mg/dl), as - as far as I'm aware - that's not generally in the hypo range (although I know we're all different).
Yes, my doctor said 80 down to 60 is hypo range treatable for me and below 60 is eat some sugar and get to the hospital range for me. I have asthma and take an inhaled steroid for it daily also. I have it year round but October to January is usually the worst time of year for asthma for me.

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Greek yoghurt has more protein in it and is very yummy!
I just bought some lemon flavored and honey flavored Greek yogurt while shopping today! I can hardly wait to try them.

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
201 or 11.1 at 45 minutes after eating 48 carbs and forgetting to take my metformin, (spell check is telling me I meant to say misinform) yes, I'm still diabetic.

Took my metformin, will take my lantus tonight, and will recheck tomorrow morning.

Paul3613

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
NOT BEING ABLE TO EAT WHAT I WANT, Outdoor gardening, Bad weather, Floods, Bush fires, Below zero temperatures, Not being able to walk my dog (she is to old),
5.3 this am.
Have you tried sugarfree yogurt? I have it sometimes when I go with family for ice cream.
5.3 this am. thanks for the reply, I'm a major sugar junkie I am trying different things to see what I can have once a month to reward myself for being a good boy.

D

debrasue

5.3 this am.

5.3 this am. thanks for the reply, I'm a major sugar junkie I am trying different things to see what I can have once a month to reward myself for being a good boy.
Snap! I was 5.3 this morning too. :)
You must have amazing self-discipline to be able to choose a treat and just stick to having it once a month. Thanks to Xylitol and Triple Zero stevia, I don't miss or crave sugar at all. Proper nice bread, though - that's another matter! :(

Reactions: hankjam and SWUSA_

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning whisky ???????

well it is just to try and see how much a morning whisky can stop the dawn phenomenon... and it only got it down from the 5.6 to the 5.4 mmols så well not much I think. but it did stop the raise, which it didn´t do yesterday, but then I did walk a brisk walk right after of 3 km... today only sitting in my sofa,,,,

In my childhood the old folks got a strong morning bitter and claimed it was healthy... so I just want to try if there could have been something in it actually.... but I only have the whisky for the moment...usually do not have lots of kinds of alchohol in my home... and I am not really to the very bitter herb spirits... but maybe one could get used to it..

I have this wonderfull Dalwhinnie single malt whisky 15 years old I got for Christmas 4 years ago...and thought it was worth a try

Reactions: Paul3613 and mo53