Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Your readings are so consistent Keesha! What's your secret?

Thank you for thinking so, asparagusp. There is no secret except that I eat at the same time, same amount of food and same kind of food everyday (most of the time) except for special occasions. I do indulge once in a while but always in small portions. I test every morning and also two hours after lunch to see how food affects my blood readings (test twice a day). I do take Metformin, one after breakfast and half tablet after dinner, and no food after that. I have one snack a day in the afternoon which consists of freshly cut vegetables and nuts, occasionally a piece of cake or cookies. I also exercise twice day, half an hour yoga in the morning, and half hour strength training.

Reactions: Prem51

Chasida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Pubs/clubs
My fasting level this morning was 5.7 so I'm assuming that is in the 'normal' range for a type 2? Only been testing for a couple of weeks, and in that time have ranged between 5.4 and 6.7.
Have to admit that it's all still a little confusing for me!

Reactions: Tim55 and Prem51
A

asparagusp

Keesha sorry for the wrong rating! I have the same breakfast and post breakfast the readings vary, usually within range! And no not time of the month! lol

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I've just got back from a week in Mallorca. Too many chips and ice cream but fbgs have been ok over last week:
6.3; 6.2; 6.4; 5.9; 6.3; 6.2; and 5.2 this morning.
But I have put on 3 lbs in weight. I'll have to start walking again tomorrow.

Reactions: Tim55
A

asparagusp

I've just got back from a week in Mallorca. Too many chips and ice cream but fbgs have been ok over last week:
6.3; 6.2; 6.4; 5.9; 6.3; 6.2; and 5.2 this morning.
But I have put on 3 lbs in weight. I'll have to start walking again tomorrow.

Well done! The weather still warm there?

PS What meter do you have?

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Now think the delinquent numbers are a new pot of strips that I opened, opened yet another this morning after reading 8.0, and from the same site, strip from different pot 7.0, and from a different meter that I know reads lower than a SD a 6.7. So i'm blowed if I know.

Reactions: Liam1955 and Tim55

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My fasting level this morning was 5.7 so I'm assuming that is in the 'normal' range for a type 2? Only been testing for a couple of weeks, and in that time have ranged between 5.4 and 6.7.
Have to admit that it's all still a little confusing for me!

Well done, if I register in the 5's I'm happy

Reactions: Liam1955

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Now think the delinquent numbers are a new pot of strips that I opened, opened yet another this morning after reading 8.0, and from the same site, strip from different pot 7.0, and from a different meter that I know reads lower than a SD a 6.7. So i'm blowed if I know.

I sometimes test straight after getting a higher reading and it can be down a point or so ... maybe around 6.8 today then averaging, that's not bad. Maybe a slight hangover from the fun at St Omer :angelic:

Reactions: Liam1955