Low Carb and Exercise!

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
:)

Two Shih Tzus. They are not in full coat, but they have fluffy trousers and are rather low slung, so whereas other breeds walk above the long grass, my two do snow plough impressions. :D

What are yours?
LOL.... snow plough impressions.... I reckon mine are even shorter...two long coated Chihuahuas and a short coat Chihuahua! One of my long coat girls wears/has pantaloons, which we find sooooo cute. :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We sometimes meet a couple of packs of chihuahuas on our walks. Love 'em. So do my two. They love meeting other dogs they don't have to look up to!

The long haired ones have truly magnificently fluffy ears, don't they? :D

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
We sometimes meet a couple of packs of chihuahuas on our walks. Love 'em. So do my two. They love meeting other dogs they don't have to look up to!

The long haired ones have truly magnificently fluffy ears, don't they? :D
Oh mine don't have very fluffy ears. Hmmm I will have to look into this ;). I think I might have to investigate buying them Alice bands with a bit more fluff!

Just had a thought. Papillion's have cute furry ears. Could they be P's?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
ooh. maybe. or a cross? They are chihuahua colours. I always associate Papillons with black and white, but I may be totally wrong...

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Another 2k done! 10 minutes faster than yesterday..... Oh I am the bizzzzzzz;)

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
and yet another 2k.....same time as yesterday. 108 calories burnt over three 'walks'

Trevlin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Swimming is my main exercise along with walking feel as much as I can manage as also have Rheumatoid arthritis but enjoying the low carb diet just trying to be inventive with food 2.6 kg lost in 3 days .

Reactions: Serena51

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Another 2k 'walk' 5 mins faster today! Another 36 calories burnt off! Am tired today... Blood sugars 7.8 on finishing!! Sooo the way to keep em down is to walk all day huh!!! ;)

Rockman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Nothing to be honest
Good morning. I've lost 8 lbs!! I'm delighted. This is my first weight loss since I'm on low carb.....

Reactions: Serena51

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm down 12kg in 7 weeks so far.

Got a fitbit on Friday. It really fulfills my desire for numbers to quantify my progress!

Reactions: 75Bedford

Rockman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Nothing to be honest
I'm down 12kg in 7 weeks so far.

Got a fitbit on Friday. It really fulfills my desire for numbers to quantify my progress!
will done

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Well done both of you! I cant do any exercise at the moment as I have shingles ..... poor me!

Rockman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Nothing to be honest
Well done both of you! I cant do any exercise at the moment as I have shingles ..... poor me!
Thank you
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. We are confident that you soon be able to do any exercise as before. Best wishes!
Antonio.

Rockman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Nothing to be honest
Morning Ride to Kingston Upon Thames before start to Work
eefb68e1e34c21abf50188fd10945883.jpg

apache

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wondered if anyone would like to tell us their exercise for the day;

Yesterday I walked through Huntingdon town centre, today Hubby and I with the three doggies walked to the bottom of the drive, touched the gate and climbed back up the hill. I am now hot and sweaty and tired. It is only 250 yards there and the same back but I am buttered!
I do weight training 4-5 times a week. This consists of 1.5-2 hours of training with some cardio thrown in. I've been on a low to no carb diet for the past year and have never had any problems with energy levels. I tend to have a banana and some peanut butter and honey with a protein shake prior to my workout. Hope that helps

srm100841

I've often wondered about the topic of exercise too. My own regime comprises very brisk walking for say 20 minutes each morning plus some walking on the spot, arm lifts for 2 minutes and sit-ups of about 30. I've done this for some 5 years and so far so good. I initially read that the important issues were to exercise sufficiently to raise your heart rate and stimulate blood circulation. Right or wrong that's what I do.

I'm still here so - so far so good. Also I'm very careful on my LCHF diet to restrict carbs to an average of circa 50 gms per day. At the same time though I drink too much wine which has increased my weight so I'll have to address this, but not today!!!