HELP ME PLEASE! Never had a craving like it :( Struggling not to give in

redtree92

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
SO as we know I am doing the LCHF and doing alright, sugars can be a bit high but still always under 7 and more often than not in the 5's which is OK with me as I know I am still not doing this right! ANYWAY! I digress. I have not had cravings since I started this...surprised really as I was literally a carb or nothing girl, biscuits, cake, chocolate.
Today I've really not been feeling great...whether it's all the gloss work the man's done, the white spirit smell or what..but on and off ALL day I've just felt sick sick sick. We had dinner planned for tonight but I cannot stomach the thought...then it came to me ALL I want is chip shop chips with loads of salt and vinegar...I am REALLY struggling not to just go sod it and have a small portion...I know I will spike....I just won't test..I know I will feel like hell but to be honest..I kinda do anyway....thoughts anyone? This is not about falling off the wagon so to speak, I just feel so rubbish and am so hungry and nothing on the LCHF doesn't make my stomach just leap...what the hell do I do at this time???? x

yup. Chips! Have the chips :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
WarburtonsHi protein Loaf 32g carb/100g
Warburtons wholemeal loaf 37.8g carb/100g
Warburtons Hi protein roll 30g carb/100g
Lidl hi protein roll 8.5g carbs/100g

So a small drop in carbs compared to ordinary wholemeal, but the lidl is much lower!
I would never eat 100 g of bread one slice from the loaf = 9.5 g of carbs

That seems reasonable to me as one slice is all I have at any time and it tastes good to me.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
From another place, related to vinegar thread and possibly graphic towards end of note....
Apple cider vinegar... some suggest it might depress BG's so I thought I would give it a go... initially neat, which was a bit of a challenge but doable... re-read some of the posts and noted dilution... so now dilute 1 to1 in slightly cooled boiled water... actually rather good.
Does not appear to have affected by BG's one iota...
my stools.... well that's a different matter, happy to report they are much softer than they've been (see recurring postings on subject)... so watching with interest. :)

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love fish and chips too. I haven't succumbed to the whole thing, but I have had the fish part including the batter on four occasions in the last month . It's not done me any harm at all. Loads of salt and vinegar, mayonnaise instead of tomato ketchup and making sure I took a long walk ( 30 mins) on the way to and from the chippie. That's included in the numbers set out in my signature. ( I did steal a couple of chips as well from someone else's plate )
Wow, well done

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
I would never eat 100 g of bread one slice from the loaf = 9.5 g of carbs

That seems reasonable to me as one slice is all I have at any time and it tastes good to me.
Sorry, I was merely ilustrating that The Warburton "Hi protein" products were not that low carb compared to the Lidl ones.