What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning @Liam1955 I thought I'd missed your post. I haven't been very well for last few days but feeling a bit brighter today. :)

Reactions: SWUSA_

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
83 or 4.5 this morning at 6:15 am, it is not yet dawn here, I'm hungry as a bear but other wise just fine. I am going to try to cut back on fats again a little more toward pancreatic diet.

Tezzz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was 22.6 this morning. I did have three McDonalds Sausage and egg McMuffins this morning.
(Yes, I flung the buns and declined the hash browns!) Cheese, egg and sausage patties + coffee.

RichPJ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
what do you eat then ?
i felt funny when eating last night so only ate half but was having grilled chicken breast with veg and roasted potatoe chips - waiting for a call back from the doctors as ive also been getting the ketone alert on my tester today

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i felt funny when eating last night so only ate half but was having grilled chicken breast with veg and roasted potatoe chips - waiting for a call back from the doctors as ive also been getting the ketone alert on my tester today

so you are on insuline ?

well the potatoe chips you shouldn´t eat if you want your numbers lower....what veggies where the others ?

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
no just on mitformin - veggies were cauliflower brocolli and carrots - i only had the potatoe chips as the other option was sweet potatoe

when having so high numbers of blood glucose you should maybe avoid potatoes totally untill your numbers are better... potatoes are just as bad as sugar equally bad...... White bread is also as bad as sugar when having diabetes... but most other breads grains and rice and corn as well are also very blood glucose spiking....

your choices can help you most ... not the medicine, diabetes type 2 is still a desease there is no real cure for, except from food control and avoidance of most carbs

there are a few very special breads that are mostly okay, because there is so much fat and protein in them and not much carbs : http://www.gestationaldiabetes.co.uk/best-breads/

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
144 or 8.0 at 10:40 pm, no need for a snack tonight. This is about 2 hours after dinner tonight-ate a little higher fat, a little later, and more than I had planned today. Pre- debate stress.Will test in evening for a few more days to reassure myself that I am no longer a child who has night time lows. If numbers continue to be good in the morning I will start testing less ( after a few days) so I do not run out of test strips before I can order them next time. Will review what pancreatic diet is-my memory is very low fat, little to no spice, and no coffee.

Last edited: