Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Any recommendations?

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been using Lift Plus - got some free samples from their site.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
I have used the Lift plus -- it works really well ( got a bottle on prescription ) but have since been told I can't have it any more.

I have purchased Zoff adhesive remover wipes on Amazon ( about £6 for a box of 20 foil wrapped wipes. ).
they work very well too.

I have seen Johnson's baby oil suggested elsewhere on the t'net -- so I tried a bottle ( from a pound shop ) but for me it did not work well at all.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use a bath oil (I hate bath oils but someone gave me this and I have at last found a use for it:))

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Depending on where the adhesive is on the body, surgical spirit is a good option if not on face or delicate parts.

D

Deleted member 308541

I bought a box of alcohol Medi Swabs from the pharmacy I go to, a box of 200 for $8.00

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Appreciate the reply's and product info, thank you :)

Reactions: himtoo

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
and of course the car mechanic tips to use an industrial degreaser -- :D

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oil works great for me for getting off the residue - I'm very happy to use brute force for ripping off a cannula plaster or a Libre sensor, but a good firm repeated wipe of the site using Soltan sun oil (out of date, leftover from a sunnier summer) on cotton wool or a damp flannel is just brilliant for de-sticking the leftover stick! That's what I'm using at the moment.

Tea trea oil works too (more expensive) and so does the bottle of fancy pink bath oil liberated from our honeymoon hotel (we were invited to take it, so it's not nicked!).

:)

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Could this be similar to removing sticky labels ?! I heard that leaving in a damp place for the snails would work wonders :) Well only. trying to help !!!!!
CAROL

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Thanks again for the suggestions.

The product I'm looking for is to help lift-up the adhesive edge of the insulin pump pod before removal (as this Google image shows):

img_0445.jpg

Once the pod is removed there's usually very little residue left behind, more often than enough the pod comes away quite easily with a bit of perseverance but sometimes it sticks like glue and you can't budge the outer edge...hence why I was looking for a suitable product to assist when this happens.

Reactions: Snapsy

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@noblehead there's a spray I got from Boots (the guy at the pharmacy spent a good 10 minutes looking for it, and found it wasn't properly labelled or indeed priced, and charged me £12 for it!) which I got right when I started pumping - I can't remember the name of it (this is very, very unhelpful I know) but it was designed apparently exactly for the purpose of unsticking stuff like that - well, that's what he told me when I showed him my cannula. It was okay, but brute force was just as effective once I'd got used to it (bearing in mind that I only use ickle flexible cannulas rather than pods - I would think twice about brute force with those, that's for sure!).

When I was a kid (for getting off plasters) my mum used to swear by 'Zoff' which smelt like nail varnish remover.

If it were me having to remove that pod right now given the tools I've got to hand, I would oil up the tip of a cotton bud with something like the sun oil I described above and wipe it along the edges to unstick it. It'd take a few passes, but I'm sure it'd work eventually.

:)

Last edited:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My mum used the "look at that beautiful butterfly over there" distraction method. As I looked for the non-existent butterfly the adhesive dressing was rapidly ripped off. A bit like having your legs waxed. Ouch.
There are, as others have mentioned, @noblehead products like Zoff available, but I still use the cotton wool soaked in surgical spirit method to remove clinging adhesive.