Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well done! The weather still warm there?

PS What meter do you have?
The weather was warmer than here, usually around 23-24 C. Sunny mornings then clouding over, and a bit windy in the late afternoon.
I use the Accu Chek Mobile which seems to be fairly accurate, possibly slightly lower than the HbA1c lab results.

Reactions: mo53 and Tim55

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My fasting level this morning was 5.7 so I'm assuming that is in the 'normal' range for a type 2? Only been testing for a couple of weeks, and in that time have ranged between 5.4 and 6.7.
Have to admit that it's all still a little confusing for me!
@Chasida 5.7 is good. Anything between 4 - 7 is good.

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

5.1 for me today :)

Walnut Face - Be aware our meters are not required to be accurate to more than +/- 15% at 10 units and +/- 10% at 5.0 units.

Chances are that between those figures they will be somewhere in between on accuracy too.

Therefore your 6.7 could simply a low end of the meters tolerance, and the 8 the high end, and the true value is somewhere between the two - probably around 7 to 7.5.

I don't worry too much about the day to day figures, just watch the trends.

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
5.1 this morning. Absolutely delighted. I'm scoring a lot more 4s and 5s throughout the day.

Yet I seem to be getting a late liver dump a few hours after I've woken up most days, up to around 7 or even 8. I don't eat breakfast until I get to work. I'm wondering whether my glucose rise is partly because of all the fun and games of commuting (part of which is a brisk walk) as I don't get this rise at weekends, days off, etc.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
19/10 - Morning.

7.3 - absolute rubbish!!!:bigtears:

Reactions: Tim55

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All

5.1 for me today :)

Walnut Face - Be aware our meters are not required to be accurate to more than +/- 15% at 10 units and +/- 10% at 5.0 units.

Chances are that between those figures they will be somewhere in between on accuracy too.

Therefore your 6.7 could simply a low end of the meters tolerance, and the 8 the high end, and the true value is somewhere between the two - probably around 7 to 7.5.

I don't worry too much about the day to day figures, just watch the trends.
Cheers @Tim55 it's the trend I don't like, but I am starting to wonder if it is the newly opened pot of strips

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've just got back from a week in Mallorca. Too many chips and ice cream but fbgs have been ok over last week:
6.3; 6.2; 6.4; 5.9; 6.3; 6.2; and 5.2 this morning.
But I have put on 3 lbs in weight. I'll have to start walking again tomorrow.

Welcome back from sunny Mallorca. All the good food has not really affected you fbs very much as it is still within range and not gone over the roof. Well done. Did you do a lot of walking during your vacation or was it just lazing around by the pool or beach? Lots of beer?