Low Carb and Exercise!

nemiabonny

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I wondered if anyone would like to tell us their exercise for the day;

Yesterday I walked through Huntingdon town centre, today Hubby and I with the three doggies walked to the bottom of the drive, touched the gate and climbed back up the hill. I am now hot and sweaty and tired. It is only 250 yards there and the same back but I am buttered!
Ellagy,

Please understand that I am not contradicting your low-carbing. I cannot because I have never tried it. In all the 25+ years that I have been a type 2, My exercise has always been either running the stairs or walking the stairs, 4 sessions for a total of 1 hour/day.

Bonny C Damocles
Male, 80 1/2 years old, 137 lbs., 5'7"
Diabetes Control Method: D&E
Past A1c's: 5.2% - 6.3% (5.8% on 10/3/16)
No Hypos and no diabetes complications
Not on any pharma drugs for any health problems

Dark Horse

Thank you for your kind comments. I will chase the retinopathy situation up with my GP, when I see him. Meanwhile, thanks also for this information.

I have commented before, on another thread.

My current status, on my medical records is "Diabetes Resolved", and I still receive invitations (which I accept) for retinopathy screening, so I think there's definitely some variance in how Practices choose to administer things.

I'll continue to accept invitations I receive. My optician uses some nifty photographic equipment when I have my routine sight tests done, but I'm hopeful the diabetic screening service have a more in depth experience of interpreting the images.[/QUOTE]
Because there have been problems with patients missing out on screening when GPs have mis-coded diabetes reversal through diet as "diabetes resolved" instead of "diabetes in remission", Diabetic Eye Screening Programmes will ask for written confirmation that patient's diabetes has resolved. This has to be "approved" by the Clinical Lead before the patient can be removed from the screening database. If GP doesn't send the written confirmation, or if the Clinical Lead thought a GP had mis-coded, the patient would not be removed from the screening database but would continue to be recalled for screening.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have commented before, on another thread.

My current status, on my medical records is "Diabetes Resolved", and I still receive invitations (which I accept) for retinopathy screening, so I think there's definitely some variance in how Practices choose to administer things.

I'll continue to accept invitations I receive. My optician uses some nifty photographic equipment when I have my routine sight tests done, but I'm hopeful the diabetic screening service have a more in depth experience of interpreting the images.
Because there have been problems with patients missing out on screening when GPs have mis-coded diabetes reversal through diet as "diabetes resolved" instead of "diabetes in remission", Diabetic Eye Screening Programmes will ask for written confirmation that patient's diabetes has resolved. This has to be "approved" by the Clinical Lead before the patient can be removed from the screening database. If GP doesn't send the written confirmation, or if the Clinical Lead thought a GP had mis-coded, the patient would not be removed from the screening database but would continue to be recalled for screening.[/QUOTE]

I'm not particularly fussed by you responding to be, but I receive my invitations, and continue to be screened. I'm not sure about the point you're making. Maybe if I'm confused others will be too.

Apologies @ellagy if this response isn't strictly on-topic.

tsalman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just try to do as much as you can do, and you will slowly see improvements in your stamina. Some people need more salt, try to make sure it is good quality natural sea salt, you can get it from health food shops, try to get the unrefined stuff. Most people adjust fully in 2-4 weeks.
Is there really any difference in health effect of different salts? I'm totally unaware of this!

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is there really any difference in health effect of different salts? I'm totally unaware of this!
yes the more unrafined salts contains a lot of very helthy minerals, so actually the grey salt is the most healthy and also the pink himalaya salt is a lot more healthy than the very white salt where everythking good is taken out.