So at last

Chrisle68

Well life is full of surprise
About 7 to 8 years ago was getting very tired and gaining weight went up 5 stone in 7 years My girlfriend at the time was convinced I was seeing someone else as was tired all the time and was gaining weight So must be sleeping and eating somewhere else and we split up
I moved away to a new doc's Who finds out I'm type 2 lots of pills and Doc asks why have I not been given any Meds over the last few years as my blood results from 6 years ago show that I was type 2 then. Got my self a meter to test change of diet gone from HIGH on meter to 33 to 27 now 20 and now starting to go below even got a 17 this morning I know ment to be about 6 But in time. Have found this site very helpful and when down people help. So a big thank you everyone
Chris

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Good stuff, mate - keep it up and it will come right down. The meter is your greatest weapon but it is also, I would say, important to keep a record - date, times, levels, food. I tested a lot at first to establish patterns and now rarely have to test much unless I eat a "new food" or just want to see. If you write down what your level is pre-meal, what you eat and you level 2.5 hours later you will reach some very helpful conclusions...and arm yourself with evidence for you doctor. Well done, so far. Looks like it's time for new diet, new approach and new girlfriend.;)

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Welcome Chris - Normal fasting range os 4-7 but I'm sure you will get there!
No it isn't

From this site
Fasting test results
The results of a fasting test with respect to glucose levels in the body are as follows:

• Normal: 3.9 to 5.5 mmols/l (70 to 100 mg/dl)
  • Prediabetes or Impaired Glucose Tolerance: 5.6 to 7.0 mmol/l (101 to 126 mg/dl)
  • Diagnosis of diabetes: more than 7.0 mmol/l (126 mg/dl)
The NICE Targets are (note that NICE have not set targets for T2):
Children with Type 1 diabetes (NICE 2015)
  • on waking and before meals: 4–7mmol/l
  • after meals: 5–9mmol/l.
Adults with Type 1 diabetes (NICE 2015)
  • on waking: 5–7mmol/l
  • before meals at other times of the day: 4–7mmol/l
  • 90 minutes after meals: 5–9mmol/l.
Pregnant women with diabetes (NICE 2015)
  • fasting: below 5.3mmol/l

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey, congratulations! Getting those numbers down must be such a relief.

Are you starting to feel better?