Accu-chek combo users....Help please!

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
When people say 'Pacific' instead of 'Specific' :-)
I can't find where on my remote to adjust my basal rates? I want to adjust my early morning basal a smidge and I know there is a screen/page which lets me change the hourly rates but where the devil is it?! does anyone know? :?

sparkle_87

Hi

I have Accu Chek Spirit combo. To adjust basal rate use actual pump, click menu button until you reach Basal rate Programming, tick into it, then click menu until you reach the time slot you wish to adjust. Adjust using the arrows on the side of the pump. To adjust next time slot, do not tick to confirm, use the menu button to move through the hourly slots until all updated, then when complete tick to confirm, and tick again.

Hope this helps

:D

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
thanks! I did manage to find it on the actual pump, but still can't work it out on the remote (grrrrr!) but I have the destructions at home so can probably wait until I get there if no one else knows how to do it, I'm sure I'm only one click away from it, it's a bit like a mobile phone! :lol:

sparkle_87

yeah s on the tester (Remote) you can switch to pump menu and therefore do it the same way as above.

So turn your meter on and press down key to enter Pump, then use left arrow key to go to basal rate programming. right arrow key to tick into it, then left arrow to get to each hour...up and down to adjust basal rate, tick to save :D

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
fab thanks! don't know how I missed that, seems so simple when you know how :p

johnny37

Ive just started on the combo. My pump nurse (bless her) has not been trained on the remote so she cannot show me how it works. There's nothing to stop me learning from the instructions but having said that, I find that pressing a few buttons on the pump is not onerous at all. Im sure the remote can do things like calculate your bolus but again I find that doing it manually really doesnt take much effort.

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hi Johnny, the remote is fab so try and get some help with it if you can! I find it a God send, particularly as I tend to wear my pump in my bhra so I dont' have to flash anyone when I need to bolus! :lol: let me know if you need some help, I'm new but know my way around it pretty well :D

johnny37

Ive heard that ladies have to be very creative! The only drawback ive found is that it not as light as I thought it would be. It cant be comfortable or discreet stuffed in your bra!

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Johnny, you would be surprised what a lady can secrete about her person ;-) I can't even feel it's there, and depending on what I'm wearing over the top, I am pretty sure no one else can see it either! :lol:

JANROU

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Like Debloubed i'm still fairly new to all this but its really worth learning how the remote works, its fab!! I know that Roche do a CD with the instructions on my DN leant it to me when i first started it may be worth getting in touch with them to see if you can have/borrow one, its a bit condesending but if you look past that it covers loads of info. Will try to answer any problems if you want. :p

sugar2

I always adjust basal rates (not that I have done it that ofetn!!! through the pump. It is not something I do "on the run" so to speak.
The rremote is fab!

neededthat

hi, how big is the remote/monitor, i'll know next week :D but looked on there website it don't tell the size of the remote,i read somewhere on here someone discribed it as a "house brick"? which i find hard to believe.

jopar

Assuming that the combi pump has the same dimentions as it's predicessor, then I assume that it isn't quite as big as a housebrick.. That entitlement will remain with the Accu-chek plus meter and mobile lol...

My reckoning it's similar in size to the Advantage meter, which is slightly larger than the nano

Any help

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
the combo meter is smaller than the pump itself, 8cm x 5cm x 2cm - it fits in the palm of your hand!!

sugar2

If it were any smaller, I wouldn't be able to read the info clearly. The case it comes with is qite chunky though...but that is due to the test strip barrel.

Can you tell I am a bit of a fan! I love the fact that I sit at my desk at work, test my blood, and can then simply, in a few clicks, do teh bolus, without having to unearth the pump from teh depths of my jumper/bra, where ever I have hidden it that day.

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
sugar2 said:
If it were any smaller, I wouldn't be able to read the info clearly. The case it comes with is qite chunky though...but that is due to the test strip barrel.

Can you tell I am a bit of a fan! I love the fact that I sit at my desk at work, test my blood, and can then simply, in a few clicks, do teh bolus, without having to unearth the pump from teh depths of my jumper/bra, where ever I have hidden it that day.

Case? what case?! I didn't get a case?! I feel all left out :wink: I love mine too, I had 2 biscuits in a meeting earlier and just tested for the first, bolused and then bolused for the second! love it :p

JANROU

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Poor you no wonder you feel left out, ou should have got a case for your meter, my pump arrived by post to home address and case was included, i would contact Roche and ask for one.

DiabetesTom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
JANROU said:
Like Debloubed i'm still fairly new to all this but its really worth learning how the remote works, its fab!! I know that Roche do a CD with the instructions on my DN leant it to me when i first started it may be worth getting in touch with them to see if you can have/borrow one, its a bit condesending but if you look past that it covers loads of info. Will try to answer any problems if you want. :p
In the starter pack there should be a pendrive with all the guides on there, interactive style; The one you get when your with your nurse starting up with the pump in the big box folder.