Urinating very frequently and thirsty

sohailgagai

Oh that's nice reply Thankyou soo much for not telling me crazy I will defenetly defeat it with diet and exercise Thankyou be in touch pls

add19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am on Job and it's happening
I just drank to cups of tea with artificial sweetener and two eggs half fried with two bran bread is that bad I am new pls guide
I mean on breakfast
Sounds like BG spike. Monitor your blood. If your meter is busted or you use the test strips improperly, the results can be inaccurate . In any case, it's better to see your doctor soon. One more thing, if I were you I'd stop adding artificial sweeteners. I never use them at all. Good luck

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@sohailgagai; drinking your tea and coffee without sugar might taste slightly bitter at first, but your taste buds will very soon get used to it and you will wonder why you ever put sugar in your drinks in the first place. I also find that the drinks are much more thirst-quenching without the sugar.

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't know much about artificial sweeteners so can't say too much - but I don't think they are particularly "bad", though I guess that opinions will vary about how good or bad they are. Generally they have less carbohydrate/sugar content to turn to glucose so from that point of view are unlikely to be as bad for BG levels as real sugar would be. But if it were me, I would really try to get used to having tea/coffee without sugar, because we don't actually need to have them as sweet drinks - and every reduction, however small, reduces the total amount of glucose circulating in the blood - but it's your choice, of course.

As I understand it, the best thing for us is water - and plenty of it, (at least 2 litres per day if possible) to ensure we don't become dehydrated. Perhaps try that instead?

slikwipman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Intolerance
OK Thankyou I understand and will try but artificial sweetener is it bad???
Why not try cutting down on number of cups and still use sweeteners, you need to keep things you enjoy in your life, as for your thirst and urinating get to the GP as it can be serious