In search of diabetic cases?

Krab

I am a 21yr old, who has had type 1 diabetes for the past 14 years. During this time I found carrying glucose tablets a bit of an inconvenience. I would usually leave them places or forget to pick them up and then would find myself having a hypo without much on me. When i was at school they would always be in my bag but that didn’t always mean they were with me. My pockets were full most of the time (wallet, phone, keys etc) so carrying extra weight was quite annoying and sometimes impossible. Now the problem is solved because I wear a Kasezz. For every fellow diabetic out there who is interested... Check em out at http://www.kasezz.co.uk.

kind regards folks.

K

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
Again, sorry if this is considered spamming..

Im going to Egypt in July, it'll be something like 35 - 40+ degrees out there and i was looking for cooling bags for my insulin while im out there, it's not somethign i worry about in the UK but a hot country like Egypt... i dont think the insulin would last long out there uncool.

Anyway, i came across this company who sell cooling pouches for insulin, pumps and some other things. I bought one and it's really good! Only needs water to activate and lasts about a week (in the UK temps).

I highly recommend for insulin cooling.... http://www.friouk.com/buy/

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Good idea,Stuboy,as long as these things are kept in the products section it is not considered spamming!

NigelM

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have had a Frio wallet for many years and have tested it out in the sub-tropics. It worked fine. I lived in southern Italy for a couple of years but never bothered to use it. I had no problems with insulin going off.

However, I agree it's a good product.

Nigel

pkpk

Hi krab
My kasezz is yellow and black, i wear one on my belt at work,the other on my wrist ,did you get yours in a shop or internet, I could not find any last summer in the shops.

Marz Barr

i can se what you are saying sarah about the mints but I,m only talking on a personal level when im at work i am aloud to carry glucose in my pocket but if any one was caught with sweets they would be sacked. All we are alowed to carry on us are a locker key a pen and a fish knife :roll: :roll: :roll:

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
As a diabetic you should be aloud to make an exception anyway... if you need to treat yourself for a low and can't because they've imposed that rule on you... they are liable!

Marz Barr

thats why i am alowed to carry glucose its a food factory well crisps if you know where i mean and i can get lquid glucose and would not be able to take a tin on the shop floor

pkpk

Well Guys looks like we could go on and talk about food in the workplace all day long.
I am the same as you Krabi, i have no room for a tin of sweets in my pockets.
And as i said about the kasezz i wear, one is on my wrist, and one is on my belt,they
both have my name and a telephone number on the inside label,just in case i am found in a heap somewhere.
Cheers for now pkpk

pixie

i have the frio wallet...had it for years now
still works brilliantly, although i think i lost my large one...after looking at that site, i might buy a new one