Any parents with kids using freestyle libre?

Nnora

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
We are using Libre since March - quite good experience. Readings on some sensors are perfectly matched with the capillary levels. Maybe it helps to check the glucose using the reader (some sort of calibration), but this is my speculation.
The glue is pretty hard and is designed to stay intact for two weeks which makes it difficult to remove. I spray some medical benzine to detach it easily and after it's off I put some zinc-oxide and marygold containing cream to avoid allergic reactions.
We also used different injection sites then arm.

Satu

My daughter who is 8 years old is on her third sensor. She finds it brilliant! Gets rid of all the finger pricking before and after PE, after meals, at bedtime, middle of night etc etc. Seeing the daily graph and when she goes out of the target area is useful too, we have been able to tighten the insulin regime as a result. We went on holiday for the October half term, a lot of walking, swimming etc, and it is brilliant just to quickly scan her rather than ask her to wash hands, sit down for finger pricking and so on. And the best bit is the arrow showing which way she is heading. The Libre is not 100% accurate but has made a big difference. We have also discovered that the sensor can take hours in the sea/pool if you cover it with Tegaderm which also stops it from coming off.

Popsmum

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
We (my 6 year old little girl) have been using a libre since August. Results seem pretty accurate and save a lot of finger pricks. Biggest bonus is she can scan herself in class- she has lots of hypos was spending large chunks of the day in the school office being tested before and was missing sitting next to friends at lunch and suffering hypos to avoid bothering anyone. The first one fell off (she was climbing the wardrobe and knocked it out ). The sensors are a nightmare to get in a hurry so I always keep a spare but we have never lost another one. I always put fabric tape over the top as they are quite large on her tiny arms and stick out a bit. We have used tegaderm for swimming. Scanning is a very popular activity with her twin and class mates she is always happy to show it off. Great knowing what has happened between tests scary ups and downs over night. The reader fits ketone strips. Wish we could have a CGM but libre is really useful. Hope that helps. Janet

MaisyMoo10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
It has made a massive difference to our 6year olds life she has been diagnosed 10months and we wouldn't be without it now made school life and home life easier.