Status
Not open for further replies.

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
When people say 'Pacific' instead of 'Specific' :-)
graham64 said:
jopar said:
It would be a bit like me saying, that has I have had my diabetes overseen by a consultant endo for the past 21 years, that I am also an Endo and know everything there is to know... I am a expert in my own diabetes nobody else's... I have a wealth of knowledge and understanding in diabetes in general, and any information I supply will be mainly based on this with a dash of anecdotal information in how/what works for me..

Thats fine as long as you supply the information to fellow T1s..

Graham

Jopar does share and supply information with fellow type 1's. Regularly. and as far as I know, no one on this forum advocates an 'extreme' high carb diet? Most of us advocate moderation.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
graham64 said:
jopar said:
Graham

I am now confused, but dietitians don't promote extreme low carb diets?

I'm not on an extreme Low Carb diet, so how do you come to that conclusion? But she did put me on high sat fat, so perhaps you can still be confused!

And sorry to say that just because it's being overseen, doesn't actually mean that you yourself, understand and have great knowledge of nutrition!!

This could equally apply to you!!

It would be a bit like me saying, that has I have had my diabetes overseen by a consultant endo for the past 21 years, that I am also an Endo and know everything there is to know... I am a expert in my own diabetes nobody else's... I have a wealth of knowledge and understanding in diabetes in general, and any information I supply will be mainly based on this with a dash of anecdotal information in how/what works for me..

Thats fine as long as you supply the information to fellow T1s..

I wonder how your consultant/friend would feel, if he saw how you **** of his profession, and the HCP in general.. I very much susppect he/she wouldn't be very chuffed at all.. Talking about stabbing people in the back.. Seems to be quite commom amoungst extreme low carbers

Perhaps Jopar you should look back at some of your comments, as soon as Low carb HCP such as Dr Bernstein, Dr Kendrick etc. are mentioned you **** them off don't you? Seems to be common amongst extreme high carbers.. And don't forget a HCP on this forum slags off his fellow HCPs that in my opinion is far worse..

Graham

Graham, I think you are becoming very confused :(
Jopar shares her info freely with others and has helped many over the years.

Could you also explain this
Seems to be common amongst extreme high carbers..
What exactly is an extreme high carber?
Would it be anyone who eats more carbs than you?
As to slagging off bernstein and kendrick that's a bit like calling the kettle black isn't it? You seem to enjoy slagging off anyone and everyone who does not agree with with ultra low carbing :roll:
Now look at it from another angle,
There are people on this board who have been diabetic for 10 - 60 years who moderate carb and have no complications.
Now would that not prove something to you?
Oh yes as an added bit of info in 45 years as a type 1 I have never needed be hospitalized for DKA or a hypo either. I still have my hypo awareness. Infact I have never been in hospital due to my diabetes.
Oh yes let me guess you and your side kick are now going to say we use high meds and lots of insulin :lol:
I take no medication for my diabetes except insulin. I use so little at times I have to switch my pump off for 6 hour durring the night. I also use a pump because injections can not deliver the small doses at the times I need the basal. Bolus I again use very little. Why? perhaps it's due to being shown how to balance my diet correctly.

Perhaps it's time you got out of the mind set that your way is the only way :!:

C

catherinecherub

The more I read this thread, the sadder I feel.

A debate on this thread has been lost a long time ago and it seems it has got to a very personal level. This achievings nothing other than to question why it has to be this way.

I am not defined by the amount of carbs that I eat, although some seem to want to categorize us all. No one needs educating as to what they should and shouldn't be doing by some who think that they are right and everyone else is wrong. There is no personal choice in that. Advise by all means but leave the preaching alone.
We are all diabetics and we all strive to control our diabetes in a way that suits us. If some think that their method is better than others and need to spread the word that their way is the only way that works for diabetics then please stop and think before you do. You are not a professional, do not have that person's medical history and will not see the outcome on a daily basis.
Be glad that you are doing what is right for you and also rejoice that all diabetics here are looking after themselves and doing the best that they can.
We know what works for us if we have reached that part of the journey but we do not know what will work for other people.

Time to put this thread to bed. :?:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
[quote="catherinecher
Time to put this thread to bed. :?:[/quote]

Without question it is time to put this one to bed!

My reason for starting this thread was to expose the narrow-minded, self-opinionated fool that frequently writes rude and degrading remarks about the good people that are members of this forum. I chose not to name this person so as not to fall foul of the forum rules, but most regulars are aware of who this person is, due to previous occurrences on this and other forums. As it happens, the past week little has been heard from this person, so I would like to think that the moderators and administration have put paid to their pointless and offensive rants, although time will tell.

To be honest, I am a little saddened that we all haven't been united as one and made a stance against this school-ground bully, unbelievably there have been those that have come out in support of this character, although in a covert way using other arguments to side track the focus of discussion.

Therefore, I think the time has now come to put a end to this thread, and I shall ask the admin to please lock thread for the good of all concerned on this forum.

Nigel

John aka Wallycorker

Hi Nigel,

In personalising your comments against another person (whoever that might be) in the way that you do aren't you simply practising what you accuse others of doing - i.e. being "a narrow-minded, self-opinionated fool that frequently writes rude and degrading remarks"? Just a thought! Your view might seem a little one-eyed to others.

This is from someone who hasn't taken any part in the arguments in this thread.

Best wishes - John

C

catherinecherub

I understand your motives Nigel and applaud you in outing this individual. He has a history on here that was equally rude and offensive. Banning him here meant he had to use another platform for his inane rantings.
We are now getting personal attacks and and a particularly offensive post has been removed with reminders about personal attacks. It has got to the point were it is serving no purpose at all.

C

catherinecherub

Why don't you give it a rest John. There has been ample opportunity for you to respond to this thread but you seem to want to prolong the agony.

John aka Wallycorker

catherinecherub said:
Why don't you give it a rest John. There has been ample opportunity for you to respond to this thread but you seem to want to prolong the agony.
Whatever you say catherine! Whatever you say!

Best wishes - John

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
When people say 'Pacific' instead of 'Specific' :-)
John aka Wallycorker said:
catherinecherub said:
.......I understand your motives Nigel and applaud you in outing this individual. .......
Hi Catherine,

Couldn't that be considered to be condoning bullying?

Best wishes - John

Standing up to a bully isn't bullying. Those who bully do so because they are not confronted. When confronted, they lose their 'power'.

A

Anonymous

As the OP has requested and after scrutiny of all the posts this thread is going nowhere. Therefore it is being locked as it no longer serves any useful purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.