Memoir Pen

Philip60

Does anyone know if Lilly or Humalog still make the Memoir Pen? The battery in mine has given out, and I can't seem to find a replacement. My doctor's surgery said they had never heard of it :roll: ...

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
HumaPen® MEMOIR is not listed in the BNF so may now be defunct. Maybe some of the type 1's on the board may know.

goji

There's a Canadian Pharmacy that sells the Memoir pen for $110 (US) that ships worldwide. I think they are still producing them for the American market.

jopar

If I'm think right, the memoir pen, is the one thats got a digital read out, of last dose and time/date!!

It was pulled from the market several years ago, due to problems with it recording time/dates dose accuratelly, I did think that they had actually discontinued it..

But with goji says, perhaps they still sale in other countries, as sometimes what available in the USA, Canada etc is here because of licencing reasons, and if they had to licence in Europe they may have decided it didn't justify the cost!!

If it's no longer holds the licence for sale/use in Europe, you might have problems with getting another country (where it is licenced) to supply it... As they would be breaking the law selling it directly to a customer in Europe..

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
I do not use insulin so I do not have an injecting pen, but I do have a writing pen with a personal timer & alarm built it at the end. When the battery ran out I got it replaced at my nearest street market for 50p and I also bought a 'card' of various batteries for £2 that had another 5 of the size my pen uses. If you are not any where near one of those markets, take your Memoir pen to anyone that replaces watch batteries and see if they have any that will fit.

brianb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
If you can tell me the number on the battery or send me a picture of it, i may be able to help you.
Brian