DLA

Tracey167

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi all
We are currently appealing a dla decision for my daughter, she had been recieving dla for 2 years them before her 13th birthday had to re-apply and was refused even though the circumstances had not changed. Applied for reconsideration which also was refused then took it to first tier appeal all evidence from doctors, diabetes nurses and blood glucose print outs confirming what we was saying. At the appeal I couldn't believe the idiots who were making decisions on people's lives. The GP didn't understand the difference between transition between ages 14-16 and transferring, and also a so called dwp representative not knowing how to turn a page to continue reading my daughter's daily diary. They even asked what dla rates I was on and what my hubby done for a living his my full time carer and recieved carers allowance this has nothing to do with my daughter claim. They refused again and made many mistakes and errors of law, so now in process of upper tier as a consultation with a solicitor confirmed they had not looked at all the evidence submitted

Deespee23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
At the appeal I couldn't believe the idiots who were making decisions on people's lives.

I can feel my avatar coming on again.....unfortunately, they are not idiots....it is all done quite purposefully.

But there's always money for HS2 (not needed or wanted), Hinkley Point (white elephant rip-off), "quantitative easing", landowner subsidies, pointless military excursions, etc. etc. etc.

Funny how our money always finds its way into their pockets but it's never the other way round, is it?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

You know what to do at the next GE, then, don't you.

Last edited:
M

mist

I can feel my avatar coming on again.....unfortunately, they are not idiots....it is all done quite purposefully.

But there's always money for HS2 (not needed or wanted), Hinkley Point (white elephant rip-off), "quantitative easing", landowner subsidies, pointless military excursions, etc. etc. etc.

Funny how our money always finds its way into their pockets but it's never the other way round, is it?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

You know what to do at the next GE, then, don't you.

I share your frustrations.

Tracey167

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have now come to the conclusion they must be refusing everyone who applies as my eldest daughter has recently been diagnosed with serious phycosis disorder and is under a phychiatrist, phycosis team once a week and CAHMS also signed off school indefinatley and having to have a home tutor, and now in th process of being referred to phycologist. Not only that she has seizures and has had to be referred to a london hospital and with all the evidence that backs this up fom phychiatrist reports GP letter and her school keyworker letter and diary who witnessed her phycosis and sezuires they still refused her DLA and at present she requires 24 hour care and can not go out of the house alone. What do you have to be to get this benefit dead!!!!

Deespee23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have now come to the conclusion they must be refusing everyone who applies as my eldest daughter has recently been diagnosed with serious phycosis disorder and is under a phychiatrist, phycosis team once a week and CAHMS also signed off school indefinatley and having to have a home tutor, and now in th process of being referred to phycologist. Not only that she has seizures and has had to be referred to a london hospital and with all the evidence that backs this up fom phychiatrist reports GP letter and her school keyworker letter and diary who witnessed her phycosis and sezuires they still refused her DLA and at present she requires 24 hour care and can not go out of the house alone. What do you have to be to get this benefit dead!!!!
That is what they would prefer......

Deespee23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And the latest contribution to societal well-being from the caring, sharing DWP........HERE.

FGS, how much longer are we going to put up with this??

I will duplicate on other DLA thread, because stuff like this needs to be known about!

Tracey167

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi just a update on my daughter appeal for DLA, The judge from the upper tier has favoured us and has also found a few other errors of law on top of what we had wrote down from the first tier appeal tribunral. So upper tier have set aside the first tiers decision so it none and void. We now are waiting for another date to re-sit the first tier appeal. A bit of a pain but we knew the the first hearing they was not listening to us and the upper tier judge also agreed they they failed to look at all the evidence we sent in that backed up what we were saying, the judge also explained how the first tier were contridicting what they were saying., and could not back up how they got to there decision. So its was a long hard struggle but its worth fighting for if you feel that you are right.