Latest HbA1c results

Flashtash2014

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi just wanted to let you guys know that my latest readings (6 monthly) have gone down yet again. I know I haven't been on the forum for a while but I always have one eye on topics anyway see the graph attached ignore the date on the date part as my diabetic nurse put the wrong date on my latest result. I'm so happy at the moment but my GP is worried I'm sliding the other way I'm indenting to do the BGT with a bottle of lucozade in the next few days to see what's going on then going back to the GP
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1477336058.680492.jpg

june3579

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
illness
You are still within normal range, may I ask what you have done to bring it down?

Well done.

Flashtash2014

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Hi June got diagnosed in October 2014 and it all started from there pretty much cut out all junk food drinking alcohol nearly everyday cut down on smoking. Then in the new year did the Newcastle Diet and that's what started it all off now I just low carb high fat and exercise I still allow my 4 weeks off when on holiday to get it all out my system but it seems to work for me and no meds

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Great effort @Flashtash2014 ! And full marks for the "holiday break" - I'm all in favour of that! If you're not on meds, your doc has nothing to lower or cut down to keep your BS where he thinks it should be. That being said, you are within what your DN calls normal.

Flashtash2014

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Thanks nomoredonuts it's now a way of life that I need to keep to for the rest of my life

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great Stuff.

Watching these programs about T2D on the TV can be depressing but success stories like yours lift everyone's spirits and prove that it can be controlled.

Flashtash2014

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Thanks guys means a lot to have this great support from you guys