Christmas

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting question as this is my first Christmas as a diabetic diet controlled. For the roast meal I'll do turkey, cauli cheese low carb, sprouts etc, bacon rolls, chipolatas :):):)

Would love low carb Christmas pudding but doubt that's possible, so will research best around - with brandy cream ...

Lots of cheese, cooked meats etc.

I don't want to go off the scale as my BG will be bad for days and I hate that, but I'm also going to be a little relaxed ;)
How about a chocolate mousse made with brandy and lindt 90%? If you must make it in a pudding bowl :)

D

Deleted member 308541

andyfh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm making piles of almond biscuits for my cheese fetish, although I won't be pressing any into the void :stop: and I will buy up all of my 2 nearest Tesco's stock of Hogbites pork scratchings and a few bags of Lidl walnuts :hungry:

Sweet treats will be;

home made paleo bounty bars

choc covered coconut flakes from primark
https://mauiandsons.eu/products/chocolate-coconut-chips

Chilli cherry dark chocolate from Aldi
http://www.chocablog.com/reviews/moser-roth-mousse-au-chocolat-sour-cherry-chilli/

If I go a bit mental on the sweets one day, I will swap out a meal for a shake - Avocado, frozen spinach, almond butter, a spoon of vanilla whey powder and coconut milk.

All of these shall be ingested over the holiday whilst wearing my Rudolph the red nose reindeer onesie - the family insist I wear it, honest! :rolleyes:

Reactions: chalup

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How about a chocolate mousse made with brandy and lindt 90%? If you must make it in a pudding bowl :)

Nice idea, I think I will research something like that. There is something similar on Ditch the Carbs, or a frozen one with a few berries. I think Mince Pies will be history though.

But no Christmas cake with cheese (I'm from Yorkshire) might be too much so might just still have to indulge .....

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't really do much different at Christmas other than the Christmas dinner with loads of veggies, turkey and trimmings - there is only 3 of us plus my dad - for a couple of years I did buy treats for others and made my own for me - lots of stuff went in the bin after going out of date so no more.

I hate the feeling of feeling too full makes me sluggish. I do have a spoonful of Christmas pudding with cream on Christmas Day.

My naughty day is Boxing Day - I make no apologies for having my favourite Christmas treat of cold turkey and ham with proper big chips and pickles, vinegar and a slice of white - yes WHITE bread and butter - a nice long Boxing Day walk afterwards keeps my bs in an exceptable once or twice a year range of I'm not telling ;);)