What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

A

asparagusp

Good Morning Everyone! After injecting last night the top of the orange part of my Autoshield BD needle had a bit of insulin on it and I went to bed worrying with this knowledge.

This morning, testing two fingers, 9.0 and 8.8 .....

Do I assume I have no breakfast and take pills on an empty stomach?

Edit - If you want to follow my plight I have a thread entitled - "Insulin Escape". It makes gripping reading! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SWUSA_

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I personally would not recomend taking medication on an empty stomach but then I don't inject so have not the experience to give proper advice though it would seem to me the reason for taking meds with or after food is to suppress side effects such as stomach problems. Maybe if you eat something with very low carbs or even no carbs then you would not be taking meds on empty stomach but would not be disrupting your carb counting either. But that;s just a guess on my part.

A

asparagusp

I personally would not recomend taking medication on an empty stomach but then I don't inject so have not the experience to give proper advice though it would seem to me the reason for taking meds with or after food is to suppress side effects such as stomach problems. Maybe if you eat something with very low carbs or even no carbs then you would not be taking meds on empty stomach but would not be disrupting your carb counting either. But that;s just a guess on my part.

Thanks John.

Reactions: JohnEGreen