Oops A Daisy - More Urgent Advice Needed

M

mist

I had a hypo while I was sleeping once. Luckily, my body woke me up! Custard creams to the rescue!

A

asparagusp

Firstly thanks Guys for your support. After the worries of the last two nights, leaking insulin then wondering if I doubled dosed on Lantus last night and with only four hours sleep, 5.7 at 7 am and one hour later, 6.7.

I washed my hands before bed and took the readings whilst in bed .....

Why the increase?

delmcp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@asparagusp Have you eaten anything yet this morning?

If not it could be your liver doing a glucose dump to prepare your body for waking up and starting movement this is normal.

A

asparagusp

Thank you for replying. I had breakfast immediately after the second reading of 6.7.

Reactions: mist

delmcp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes possible but every one is different a rise of 1 to 2 is more than acceptable.

A

asparagusp

And if later, as I usually have breakfast nearer 10 am, again testing immediately before, would that mean an even higher fasting level or in there no pattern?

delmcp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@asparagusp if your Lantus dose is set correct your reading should stay within a 1 to 2 reading band without consuming food, but the body is a strange thing and people vary. Myself for example is if i do not eat within half an hour of waking my BS will begin to rise. Therefore what you are seeing is a rise within the range of 1-2 so i would not be overly bothered about the rise, but you may be. The reading of 6.7 is still with in the guidlines of 4 to 7 mmol/L before meals for a person with type 2. I hope this helps.

M

mist

connie_mini_bump.gif

Reactions: Struma

Sauron

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morons
With readings of that level and the low dose I would not of worried

A

asparagusp

I hadn't tested in the evening for a while. No benchmark. I have been getting morning hypos quite a bit. I am naturally a worrier compounded by being on my own.

Thanks for your reply Sauron

Davyb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Relax it's early days, but everyone is different. Stressing will make BG levels bounce around.

Better to run slightly high and not hypo. Things can be brought down slowly.