Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Sally49

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
rap music and tomato ketchup
14.4 this morning off to the doctors tomorrow to hopefully get some new medication
13.7 at 9am, Oh the joy. Admittedly I didn't inject Levemir before bed but I had done 40 minutes high intensity personal training beforehand. I have a diabetic nurse appt. at 3pm today - what's the betting I'll get snarled at and come away upset...

Reactions: mo53 and Prem51

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
4.1 this morning - courtesy of 4g of an oatcake last night. I do sometimes get the urge to munch something crunchy and this is my go to in that event.

Reactions: Tim55 and Prem51
A

asparagusp

4.1 this morning - courtesy of 4g of an oatcake last night. I do sometimes get the urge to munch something crunchy and this is my go to in that event.

Yup I love oatcakes too. Try the Nairns Organic Super Seeded ones. I have an unopened packet right beside me. I hope though you had a little bit more than that to eat during the evening.

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
Yup I love oatcakes too. Try the Nairns Organic Super Seeded ones. I have an unopened packet right beside me. I hope though you had a little bit more than that to eat during the evening.
I haven't tried the Super Seeded ones - I'll have to. Must admit I do like the Nairns oatcakes. Dinner was chicken salad with a side chaser of scrambled eggs. Yum.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
13.7 at 9am, Oh the joy. Admittedly I didn't inject Levemir before bed but I had done 40 minutes high intensity personal training beforehand. I have a diabetic nurse appt. at 3pm today - what's the betting I'll get snarled at and come away upset...
Snarling bad, I prefer the carrot to the stick, tho' we have to count the carbs... Be strong with the nurse, and come back to us for hugs.

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
12.1 at 12 summat!! Had early appt. 6.5 at bedtime. I am going to make an executive decision and say that my bloods are normalising during the day and coming down to normal overnight!

Reactions: Tim55 and Prem51

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
Snarling bad, I prefer the carrot to the stick, tho' we have to count the carbs... Be strong with the nurse, and come back to us for hugs.
Smile sweetly and agree on her with everything - I've found that the biggest thing to disarm folks (even grumpy bosses!)