Medical review to see if i can stay in my current employment.

delmcp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Getting a little stressed. I knew this was coming as I am coming to the end of my temporary medical downgrading. At the beginning of Dec I have been summonsed to attend a medical board to discuss the future of my career. i.e. if they are going to permanently down grade me so i can see the rest of my current contract out or the are going to medically terminate my contract.
This is causing stress in my life and relationship. Fingers crossed they will allow me to see my contract out.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Getting a little stressed. I knew this was coming as I am coming to the end of my temporary medical downgrading. At the beginning of Dec I have been summonsed to attend a medical board to discuss the future of my career. i.e. if they are going to permanently down grade me so i can see the rest of my current contract out or the are going to medically terminate my contract.
This is causing stress in my life and relationship. Fingers crossed they will allow me to see my contract out.

Hi delmcp, can you tell us what the medical grounds for this are? Many on the forum have faced similar situations and could have advice that may help,clive

delmcp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Clivethedrive My current employer is the MOD and in there view I can not work outside the UK. I have looked into the regulations and it is laid down in there. I was just after some moral support. Thanks for your reply.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Keeping my fingers crossed for you @delmcp I hope you can see your contract out.

It can't be easy having that decision hanging over you.

Good luck :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fingers crossed for you @delmcp . Sometimes a long lead up to an appointment can be a curse.

How much longer is there to run on your existing contract?

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
MoD didnt have that view when I was a soldier, if you could hold a musket they sent you to a place of danger!:)

delmcp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@walnut_face it is because i am insulin dependant. AS for the musket thing i would be the first in the queue to pick mine up if i could.

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
Just wanted to say good luck @delmcp, hope all goes well.:)

Marcus870

Type of diabetes
Type 1
delmcp new to this as well just finished my temp P7 MND. Diagnosed 6 months ago at 42, now waiting for my occupational health and referral to U.K. Diabetic clinic. Let me know how you get on, I personally know another T1 who, over time has been promoted from Sgt to WO1 and has recently gone for his LE Commission (fingers crossed). No sure how to pm new to forums as well, happy to discuss further.

Duotrans

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
It's not much fun going through this kind of situation.
I'm assume no that they have got access to your medical records from Diabetic consultants etc as this will be used to determine the outcome quite a bit.
Out with the MOD you can ask to see the medical report before it goes back to your employer and also see any medical reports that the MOD have asked from their own doctors.
As general rule of thumb is the medical professionals that know you best will hold more sway than one from a doctor you've only seen once. Unless there is a blatant obvious reasons n I ne doctor will not disagree with another - both regarded as being ethical.
Hope all goes well

delmcp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would like to thank everyone for their support, and will let you all know what the outcome is post the 8th Dec.

Bravo2zero

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfit thin people who think all over weight people are unfit
Hi what job do you do, do you work for the MOD or doing military service .? maybe if you are not frontline a posting within the Uk permanent should not be totally out of the question, as for the down grading do you mean a rank reduction or job change.
I feel lucky for you, the 8th Dec is my birthday
Take care