Eating rules for diabetics.

• Thread starter catherinecherub
  • Start Date

meisonlyme

I don't understand, why as a diabetic can I not have a drink with my meal (of any kind!)??

Also how am I meant to eat at regular normal times, but then have 6small meals a day instead of 3normal ones??

I find those rules very confusing :?

meisonlyme

Yes that also got me as well!

If I wasn't allowed to be in any of the states of feeling before eating, I dont think I would get to eat half the time!!

And talking during eating makes it more sociable, plus I just dont think I could keep quiet for that long :lol:

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Has anyone read the bit about flies bees and ants? Iam going ouy for fly spray my loo must be under attack

dragongirl

My god, the English is somewhat lacking. And a "balanced diet of no more than 15g a day" - it doesn't specify what! But it aint much! And eating energy giving foods such as apple and "drunk fruit juices" - well, do they wobble around?? I shouldn't laugh. My Indian/Japanese/Hungarian or whatever isn't that good either. But it made me giggle.
DG

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No alcohol but drowning in water but not with the 6 meals what a way to go

C

catherinecherub

I remember being at school and sitting down to lunch.
Anyone who was caught talking was pulled away from the table by their ear and the nuns that taught us did this. It really hurt and it happened to me often. We were then sent to the headmistress and given the cane. Happy days. :lol: :lol:
I fancy some of that drunk juice though :lol: :lol: :lol:

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
I read this out to my family and we had a good giggle! Thank you Catherine. :lol:

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Check out the comments

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The 100 per cent glucose comment is a killer! Should we reply?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Two words:-

Complete Rubbish!

Nigel :D

jopar

It's hysterical :lol: :lol:

Until

You realise that some plonker out there would totally take what is written as complete fact :shock: :shock: :twisted: :twisted:

Follow and promote it...

Perhaps we need to suggest a Chew-carb ratio..

10g of carbs needs to be chewed 75 times before swallowing :lol: :lol:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
CarbsRok said:
Please tell me this was written/published on April 1st :lol: :lol:
I wonder how many plonkers believed what was written :roll:

I don't think it is CarbsRok, and sadly like many things in life, people are easily misled and will duly follow without question! :(

Nigel

sue32

Dislikes
false people
HAAAA!!!! :lol: Just read that 'article' - and I use the term loosely!! What a load of tosh. I'd like to meet the person that devised all that and I sympathise with the person who follows it. Where did they get that info from? The dark ages? It gave me a good laugh anyway!!

Jenni_1984

this has got to be a case of 'lost in translation'. I love things like this as it is obviously translated word for word rather than looking at what is being said. To be fair though, when I am eating it is about the only time that I am ever quiet :D

Garfield

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Are you posters telling us that you don't believe a single word of those rules, how could you? :lol: :lol: