What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Paul3613

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
NOT BEING ABLE TO EAT WHAT I WANT, Outdoor gardening, Bad weather, Floods, Bush fires, Below zero temperatures, Not being able to walk my dog (she is to old),
5.8 this am.
About 2 months ago I had infected cyst on my neck that would not heal & my levels were high, so I increased my dose of Metformin from 1 x 500mgXR a day to 2 a day, & began to eat more sensibly. After talking with my doctor and chemist I have gone back to 1 tablet a day. It's only been 4 days so it's to early to tell, my doctor said give it a couple of weeks to see if they go up. Has anyone else tried this before & what were your results?

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
5.8 this am.
About 2 months ago I had infected cyst on my neck that would not heal & my levels were high, so I increased my dose of Metformin from 1 x 500mgXR a day to 2 a day, & began to eat more sensibly. After talking with my doctor and chemist I have gone back to 1 tablet a day. It's only been 4 days so it's to early to tell, my doctor said give it a couple of weeks to see if they go up. Has anyone else tried this before & what were your results?
Yes, I just reduced back down to 2 x 500mgXR from 2 X1000 mg. Do you know how to answer a private message? I just sent you one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Liam1955

Paul3613

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
NOT BEING ABLE TO EAT WHAT I WANT, Outdoor gardening, Bad weather, Floods, Bush fires, Below zero temperatures, Not being able to walk my dog (she is to old),
:wacky:91 or 5.1 at 5pm, 15 minutes walking just prior

If you take a fasting reading after you have gone for a walk but before you have eaten it will show a higher reading. My doctor told me that your body, I think it's the liver, but not 100% sure, converts fat into sugars to give your body the energy you need to go for your walk.
One morning I forgot to take my reading & went to the shopping centre for a couple of hours. I took the reading when I got home but before breakfast & it was 8 my average reading is 6.3. Have a happy day, Paul..

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
If you take a fasting reading after you have gone for a walk but before you have eaten it will show a higher reading. My doctor told me that your body, I think it's the liver, but not 100% sure, converts fat into sugars to give your body the energy you need to go for your walk.
One morning I forgot to take my reading & went to the shopping centre for a couple of hours. I took the reading when I got home but before breakfast & it was 8 my average reading is 6.3. Have a happy day, Paul..

Thanks Paul. That's the lowest number I have had in quite a while but I am not going to increase my Metformin again unless I have to. I am trying to lose a little weight and do a little more exercise to keep my numbers down.

Mart852

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all ,mine was 8.2 this am and is most mornings can't seam to get it down no matter what I do .

Reactions: Prem51

Mart852

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm low carbing at the mo and don't eat after 8/9 ,it's frustrating cause I feel I'm doing everything rite

Reactions: Liam1955