Ghosts

D

debrasue

Oh yes, I totally believe in ghosts, or transferred energy, or whatever you want to call it, although there are times when I wish I didn't!

As other posters have mentioned, I've had way too many of these experiences to go into detail, and I agree that some people appear to be more susceptible than others in this respect. There seems to be a genetic link which bears this out, and certainly that's been the case in my family (and continues to be today).

It certainly may be as @hornplayer says that we all see things but some of us refuse to accept it. That makes sense to me and I'd like to cultivate the ability to not see this sort of stuff! Anyone got any tips?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
well, no harm has come to me from these experiences @debrasue .

I saw a lot of stuff as a kid & early teens.. Then again in my early 20s.. Seems like of stress or "sexual stuff" triggers it for me..
& a return in my mid 30s..
I've learned to ignore it. Unless the experience is so real or with other witnesses involved? Then I treat it like a possible "burglary" in my own home & investigate with a heavy object in my hand..

So far. It's been quiet for the last 10 years...

D

debrasue

well, no harm has come to me from these experiences @debrasue .

I saw a lot of stuff as a kid & early teens.. Then again in my early 20s.. Seems like of stress or "sexual stuff" triggers it for me..
& a return in my mid 30s..
I've learned to ignore it. Unless the experience is so real or with other witnesses involved? Then I treat it like a possible "burglary" in my own home & investigate with a heavy object in my hand..

So far. It's been quiet for the last 10 years...
No, no harm has come to me either, but it does scare me. I don't know why it should, because I know I'm not at risk of any harm, but it really makes me jumpy. I'm not aware of any particular triggers, but I can usually tell when something's about to happen because I start to feel very uneasy and anxious.

Reactions: callyandy

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No, no harm has come to me either, but it does scare me. I don't know why it should, because I know I'm not at risk of any harm, but it really makes me jumpy. I'm not aware of any particular triggers, but I can usually tell when something's about to happen because I start to feel very uneasy and anxious.

It comes unexpected to me.. I don't even believe in that sort of thing. (Certainly not after questioning any form of religion after the age of 10?)
My therory in short is it's an early warning to dementia later in life...?? There are some similarities where a dementia sufferer talks to a "deceased" and an onlooker or carer takes comfort depending on belief system..?

Though it's freaky with more than one experience account of the same phenominom..

Reactions: debrasue
D

debrasue

It comes unexpected to me.. I don't even believe in that sort of thing. (Certainly not after questioning any form of religion after the age of 10?)
My therory in short is it's an early warning to dementia later in life...?? There are some similarities where a dementia sufferer talks to a "deceased" and an onlooker or carer takes comfort depending on belief system..?

Though it's freaky with more than one experience account of the same phenominom..
Interesting theory, but as you say, how can you explain it when two or more people see the same thing at the same time?
This happened to my daughter and I some years ago, when I was giving her a lift home from an event. Although it was dark the road was long, straight and well lit and we could clearly see a guy dressed in neutral colours standing at the side of the road as if waiting to cross. We were the only car on the road at the time and, just as we got level with him he stepped out in front of the car. We both shrieked, I slammed on the brakes, and when we came to a halt we both looked back. My daughter was the first to say, "Where did he go? He's gone!!" And so he had - and there was nowhere at all he could have hidden.
We talked about it afterwards and she described exactly the same guy that I had seen.

Reactions: callyandy

hornplayer

Well that's reassuring

primmers

Never seen a ghost but have had an experience that only makes sense in the context of some sort of paranormal factor. When I was in my early 20s I was at work in an office in London. Due to return back to my college town for a visit (had graduated the previous autumn). I had a friend there who had a history of mental ill health but who had been cheery and apparently on an even keel for a few months. Midway through the afternoon I was overwhelmed by a sense of dread; an absolute cold hand of fear around my heart. I knew beyond doubt that something bad had happened to my friend. This was way before mobile phones and I had no way of contacting her. I couldn't focus on work and ended up going home early as I was so unsettled. Stayed edgy for the rest of the afternoon. Got my stuff together and set off for my visit. When I arrived about 6 hours after this 'disruption' the first thing I saw was a newspaper hoarding with a story about a suicide at a local landmark. It was my friend and the timing co-incided with my experience of the feeling of dread. Funnily enough, once I had seen that the dread lifted completely and I knew she was at peace. I spent the weekend running into mutual friends all of whom had seen her on the day. Seems like she had done the rounds, sort of saying goodbye but without saying goodbye. All reported that she had been calm and cheerful - I guess having a fixed resolve calmed her down. Really weird day. I still think of her frequently.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For those of us that experience things like this, they usually have a profound effect on us and we carry the experience around for many years. Sometimes we can rationalise things, other times we can't.

I don't discount anything as there are just far to many reports from hundreds of thousands of people for it all to just be made up.
I think I may have seen one, but there was no spooky music or flashing lights.

I was 17 in my then boyfriends bungalow. The doorbell rang, I went into the hall to answer the door. A man was standing in the hallway, front door shut. I took a step back, a bit confused, shouted over my shoulder to my boyfriends mum (Wendy) that there was someone to see her. Looked back and he had gone..

A bit freeked, went to find Wendy, told her what had happened, she said it was the guy who used to live there. He just would check in every now and again to see if everything was all right. She was very pleased that I'd seen him as it made me part of the family... Me, I was less pleased...:playful:

Wasn't scary, just odd

Reactions: debrasue

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

"A disturbance in the force." Or a knowing...

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
My wonderful auntie Vera once lived in a house where she often saw a pair of old ladies sitting sewing in one of her bedrooms. Apparently there had been a Dame School in the building back in the day! They caused no harm so she said they could stay!!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think I may have seen one, but there was no spooky music or flashing lights.

I was 17 in my then boyfriends bungalow. The doorbell rang, I went into the hall to answer the door. A man was standing in the hallway, front door shut. I took a step back, a bit confused, shouted over my shoulder to my boyfriends mum (Wendy) that there was someone to see her. Looked back and he had gone..

A bit freeked, went to find Wendy, told her what had happened, she said it was the guy who used to live there. He just would check in every now and again to see if everything was all right. She was very pleased that I'd seen him as it made me part of the family... Me, I was less pleased...:playful:

Wasn't scary, just odd

The retired doctor that owned the place before us ended her days wheelchair bound I believe.. There was evidence of this. Though the person we bought the place from inherited it when she died..
Any how for about two weeks after we'd moved in? I felt a "presence"..
The plan was to get rid of the pseudo cottage feel of this modern building, refurbishing the kitchen & bathroom & getting rid of all the varnished interior woodwork...

So, I'm in the living room painting the end wall & playing a bit of R&R to keep the momentum going.
I stepped back with the roller in my hand to admire the handiwork (make sure I hadn't missed anything.)
& there was this little frail old lady in modern attire, stood at right shoulder peering at the wall with me?
She distinctly gave me the vibe that she didn't like the colour or my music..
I shrugged my shoulders muttered "this is my gaff now." & she'd gone!

Now the place was empty when we moved in. But when I ventured into the attic I found an old brown leather doctors bag contains classical music manuscript...

Another old lady haunting was a friend of my nan's who died when I was about 6?
My grandparents owned a pub & this woman would always be round having a gossip with my Nan.. She loved drinking Guinness too, & I always got the impression she didn't like children?
As kids we always had the run of the place when it was closed.. There was a big function room upstairs with a bar at the back. The rear area of this room always gave me the creeps. It felt dark. I avoided that zone to be honest..
The top of the stairs leading up to this room had a big landing with toilets. For some reason this was where I felt my nan's friend "hung out" when she died?

So fast forward 40 years & the pub upstairs is now a curry house..
Chatting with my friend's mum a few months back she mentioned a strange presence at the top of the stairs in that place when she went out for a meal..
"Ah" I said, "that will be the ghost of Hetty." "Hetty? Was she an old landlady??" No I replied, but I always felt she wanted to be... The odd thing was as I let her talk. She didn't like the far end of the restaurant either...

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No worries.I too have been married more than once!
How do
The retired doctor that owned the place before us ended her days wheelchair bound I believe.. There was evidence of this. Though the person we bought the place from inherited it when she died..
Any how for about two weeks after we'd moved in? I felt a "presence"..
The plan was to get rid of the pseudo cottage feel of this modern building, refurbishing the kitchen & bathroom & getting rid of all the varnished interior woodwork...

So, I'm in the living room painting the end wall & playing a bit of R&R to keep the momentum going.
I stepped back with the roller in my hand to admire the handiwork (make sure I hadn't missed anything.)
& there was this little frail old lady in modern attire, stood at right shoulder peering at the wall with me?
She distinctly gave me the vibe that she didn't like the colour or my music..
I shrugged my shoulders muttered "this is my gaff now." & she'd gone!

Now the place was empty when we moved in. But when I ventured into the attic I found an old brown leather doctors bag contains classical music manuscript...

Another old lady haunting was a friend of my nan's who died when I was about 6?
My grandparents owned a pub & this woman would always be round having a gossip with my Nan.. She loved drinking Guinness too, & I always got the impression she didn't like children?
As kids we always had the run of the place when it was closed.. There was a big function room upstairs with a bar at the back. The rear area of this room always gave me the creeps. It felt dark. I avoided that zone to be honest..
The top of the stairs leading up to this room had a big landing with toilets. For some reason this was where I felt my nan's friend "hung out" when she died?

So fast forward 40 years & the pub upstairs is now a curry house..
Chatting with my friend's mum a few months back she mentioned a strange presence at the top of the stairs in that place when she went out for a meal..
"Ah" I said, "that will be the ghost of Hetty." "Hetty? Was she an old landlady??" No I replied, but I always felt she wanted to be... The odd thing was as I let her talk. She didn't like the far end of the restaurant either...
Wonderful...

D

debrasue

Pubs... oh yes....
I used to work in an old pub when my children were very small and the landlord would often leave me in charge while he went to the cash and carry. It was fine when customers were there, but sometimes I was on my own in the empty pub. And whenever that happened I could hear someone walking in heavy shoes on a ŵooden floor, above my head from one end of the pub right to the other, back and forth. Except there was no way to walk straight from one end to the other upstairs unless you could walk through walls, and there were no bare wooden floors up there, either. It was all carpeted.
Got so bad that I used to wait outside, rain or shine, until I had some customers!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Pubs... oh yes....
I used to work in an old pub when my children were very small and the landlord would often leave me in charge while he went to the cash and carry. It was fine when customers were there, but sometimes I was on my own in the empty pub. And whenever that happened I could hear someone walking in heavy shoes on a ŵooden floor, above my head from one end of the pub right to the other, back and forth. Except there was no way to walk straight from one end to the other upstairs unless you could walk through walls, and there were no bare wooden floors up there, either. It was all carpeted.
Got so bad that I used to wait outside, rain or shine, until I had some customers!

Now that's what I couldn't understand about the heavy footed runner in my parents house..
Three 300 year old cottages knocked into one big house in 1973? Then around 1993? split into 2 & one half sold off..
On letting myself into the empty building in 94 to drop some band gear off with an ex girlfriend. (I was temparily staying there at the time.) the door upstairs to the end bedroom deliberately slammed & someone was running the full length of three houses upstairs along the back corridor created in 73.. We both heard it & carrying the biggest blunt object I could lay my hands on. (I still had a mic stand in my hand.) we both climbed the stairs & found nothing disturbed...

I actually have an original print, old picture (framed.) of the "haunted pub" I mentioned earlier, taken in the 1940s with every one outside posing for some village carnival fancy dress thing on a cart?
There is a face in one of the windows that don't look right? It appears to be looking through a tear in a curtain.. The strange thing is, the "face" is wearing modern looking "alien gray" style sunglasses..

D

debrasue

Now that's what I couldn't understand about the heavy footed runner in my parents house..
Three 300 year old cottages knocked into one big house in 1973? Then around 1993? split into 2 & one half sold off..
On letting myself into the empty building in 94 to drop some band gear off with an ex girlfriend. (I was temparily staying there at the time.) the door upstairs to the end bedroom deliberately slammed & someone was running the full length of three houses upstairs along the back corridor created in 73.. We both heard it & carrying the biggest blunt object I could lay my hands on. (I still had a mic stand in my hand.) we both climbed the stairs & found nothing disturbed...

I actually have an original print, old picture (framed.) of the "haunted pub" I mentioned earlier, taken in the 1940s with every one outside posing for some village carnival fancy dress thing on a cart?
There is a face in one of the windows that don't look right? It appears to be looking through a tear in a curtain.. The strange thing is, the "face" is wearing modern looking "alien gray" style sunglasses..
How about posting the picture?

Reactions: Jaylee

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tell me about it I was 17 years old at the time

My reaction was to flee the girls reaction was to freeze

I just grabbed her and flung her over my shoulder

What a wonderful spontane gentleman thanks ... heaven for real gentlemen

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I opened a door for a lady once and she shouted at me!
and i walk into the men, maybe becauce I do not expect that anymore...

when young I was at a very old school with a modern area with small houses for 4 persons on long term stay, every room had one locked door and another into the room where each were sleeping , one night I woke up and saw a little woman in a kind of long night dress just standing there and looking at me...she had long grey hair down her shoulders; my spontane thought was ; "how the f..k did she get in here" and I stuck my hand out and lid the light and puff she was gone...?????

Next day I told it to many people there, and was told that one of the former leaders wife was looking after the school but till that day only in the old part of the school....
I had a kind of bad councience as I was actually flirting a bit with one of the teachers... and thought maybe that was why she came to my room... so I stopped that...

but crazy cause before that date I didn´t believe in ghosts, actually didn´t believe in anything, which I´d proclaimed everywhere to everyone... and actually had daily discussion with a very tall hippie with long black hair who had just came out of prison and always went around with his white parrot on his one shoulder, he always laughed at me and said ; "you know nothing haha !"

Last edited:
Reactions: mist

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
okay years earlier I also experienced something very strange...My mother and father lived very close to the coast of the North Sea like 1.5 kilometers and at a visit there , as they lived in Greenland, my sister slept in another room , i woke up in the middle of night in like october, and all the room was totally lightened up like day light coming from the window from a very sharp light-what is was I am still not sure, I didn´t dare look out of the window and crawled under the light line and to the door and went to my sisters room and woke her up... together we leaned in behind the thick living room curtains to see what it could possibly be..
and we saw the light came all the way from the sea.... and at least 2 km away from where we were.... how crazy with such a strong lantern or what is was...and suddenly the light was gone.... nothing to see in the dark, not even lights from a ship....

I have been speculating very much of what it could be....... and as we lived a very remote but flat area at the cost , my thoughts has been ... maybe Russian or maybe American millitary try to use a kind of extreme lantern for invasion purposes like a future-intended invasion-excercise... don´t really know anything till date... and nobody else did see it... at first I thought somebody was out in our garden with a lantern extremely bright so much light was in my room..

Last edited: