Vegatables!! Likes and dislikes?

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
I like Spuds Carrotts Peas Sweetcorn Cabbage Brocolli Onion Green Beans that's about my limit

Cauliflower Turnip Beetroot Brussel Sprouts vomit
How do you like your cabbage? Boiled, baked, sauerkraut or stir fried?

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
How do you like your cabbage? Boiled, baked, sauerkraut or stir fried?
Boiled cabbage for me and only a very small portion, what about yourself @SWUSA

To be honest I am not a great veggie eater at all, I could never become a vegetarian and cut out meat/fish

Reactions: SWUSA_

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Boiled cabbage for me and only a very small portion, what about yourself @SWUSA

To be honest I am not a great veggie eater at all, I could never become a vegetarian and cut out meat/fish

I used to be a vegetarian for about 12 years, in my 20's and early 30's. I also bicycled everywhere then. Did not own a car. I gave it up due to cravings when pregnant. I could never eat the high protein diet for long due to Gouty arthritis. I like cabbage rolls, sauerkraut, Cole slaw, sauteed cabbage, in egg rolls and boiled. It is kind of my go to because I like it and it has lots of fiber and goes with a lot of other dishes. (and adds few carbohydrates to the dish)

tigerlily72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I like nearly all veg and am partial to mashed swede and carrots although I know swede's on the "naughty" list so I don't have it very often these days. I also like cauliflower cheese but hubby has an aversion to cheese so I don't get that very often.

And right now I have a craving for creamy mashed potato . . :hungry:

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Celeriac for me was delicious but caused both hubby (he has a cast iron stomach) and me such pains in our digestion we've never had it again since.

Courgette (fried in butter with soft eggs on top).

Broccoli (can't eat meat so a good source of iron).

Bnut squash (very high in vit A so try to limit to 100g every other day).

Roast parsnips (because I like them)

Swede and carrots together with pepper.. especially good if having with homemade curry with lashings of tumeric.

Cauliflower cheese for a change!

Spinach in smoothies only for my iron.

Not allowed to eat other veg as it blocks my stomach...

Reactions: SWUSA_

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I like nearly all veg and am partial to mashed swede and carrots although I know swede's on the "naughty" list so I don't have it very often these days. I also like cauliflower cheese but hubby has an aversion to cheese so I don't get that very often.

And right now I have a craving for creamy mashed potato . . :hungry:
Have you tried cauliflower boiled and prepared like mashed potatoes? With butter, cream and salt and pepper?

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I love artichokes! Had some today in a salad.

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
This is a mystery vegetable-can anyone identify it?
View attachment 20805
Mystery vegetable: Okay, long enough, it's in the cabbage family we call them collards or collard greens. You boil them with a little fatty bacon and enough water to cover them until they are soft. There are small carrots planted between the collards. @ellagy, @Cumberland, @debrasue & insensitive.

primmers

Aubergine Parmigiana (probably spelled wrong) is my absolute fave but love most veggies. Prefer the veg to the protein when it comes to a big roast dinner. Steamed broccoli and cauli and ribbons of carrot with green beans and peas and a good gravy and you can keep the roast. That was how I felt when I ate meat, that's I feel now I don't...

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Maybe I will give rutabaga another try... nah I do not even like thinking about eating it

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
G
Green-Beans-and-Eggs-Salad-with-Garlic-Parmesan-Vinaigrette.jpg

primmers

That reminds me of a restaurant I went to near Paris. Nothing fancy; it was in a shopping centre. I had a plated salad which was a plate filled with beautifully prepared and arranged salad veg. Very thinly sliced cucumbers, beetroot (nor picked), radishes and toms. Julienne carrots and celeriac. Raw mushrooms. Parboiled French beans. A light vinaigrette dressing. Just delicious.

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
That reminds me of a restaurant I went to near Paris. Nothing fancy; it was in a shopping centre. I had a plated salad which was a plate filled with beautifully prepared and arranged salad veg. Very thinly sliced cucumbers, beetroot (nor picked), radishes and toms. Julienne carrots and celeriac. Raw mushrooms. Parboiled French beans. A light vinaigrette dressing. Just delicious.
What would your ideal salad contain? Which, if any dressing also?