VAT exemption

Jbicheno

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I am a little confused re VAT exemption. If I buy my test strips and lancets for my blood glucose meter from the diabetes.co. U.K. Shop do I pay the VAT exempt price? I am a Type 2 diabetic controlling my bg with diet and exercise and test regularly.

I have seen forms to give to retailers and am not sure if I need to complete one of these for the shop. If so, where do I send it? Or does the shop have an arrangement with HM customs and excise already?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you have been diagnosed then yes the VAT free price is what you should pay.

Jbicheno

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for your reply. That makes things clearer. I was diagnosed in March this year so I won't be paying VAT. I appreciate your help with this.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for your reply. That makes things clearer. I was diagnosed in March this year so I won't be paying VAT. I appreciate your help with this.

You do have to complete an exemption declaration to confirm that you're diabetic and there's an online one for the shop that shows up when you go to buy a VAT exempt product.

Robbity

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You do have to complete an exemption declaration to confirm that you're diabetic and there's an online one for the shop that shows up when you go to buy a VAT exempt product.

Robbity

Robbity - Could you post a link to that? I think it could be helpful to lots of people. I've never seen it.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Robbity - Could you post a link to that? I think it could be helpful to lots of people. I've never seen it.
Sorry but I don't have a link as all I did was test the process by putting a VAT exempt item in my shopping basket.

Robbity

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, I am a little confused re VAT exemption. If I buy my test strips and lancets for my blood glucose meter from the diabetes.co. U.K. Shop do I pay the VAT exempt price? I am a Type 2 diabetic controlling my bg with diet and exercise and test regularly.

I have seen forms to give to retailers and am not sure if I need to complete one of these for the shop. If so, where do I send it? Or does the shop have an arrangement with HM customs and excise already?

Tagging @Administrator @CaptainEarle @CaptainWard for confirmation about the VAT situation in the shop :)

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Could I ask you guys.. as so many of us recommend the SD Codefree why doesn't the shop here sell it? Or is that a disallowed question.

I don't know @bulkbiker but I'm sure admin or another staff member will be able to provide more information :)