What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Guys - Can we please keep this thread content to the topic. Any subsequent questions can be taken to another thread or private message.

Reactions: 13lizanne

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
O was just diagnos with the diabetes what should I eat and what's the normal reading for diabetes
I will tag daisy for you but Freema just made a great list just above this post as well. @daisy1. She will send you some information for new forum members.

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
you can get lot of help here in this forum, but it will mean that you do have to stop almost eating things like chips and coated fish...

you should avoid potatoes all breads almost, stay away from fruits, flour , and not eat any sweets or cake of the normal kinds no chokolate, and ordinary sauce... , no sweetened dressings

you can eat avocadoes , nuts , meat , fullfat yoghurt, tomatoes, cucumbers onions, all green salads , kale , beens and alike... and some berries like rasberries , blueberries, strawberries of cause without sugar at all (you could use stevia), but cream is okay.. cottage cheese, cheese and bacon and eggs
raw carrots .....
if you want normal blood glucose you should count how much carbs you eat every day, most if they get under 80 grams are getting much nearer a normal blood glucose, and thereby almost eliminate their risks of so many damaging illnesses that is following most people with uncontrolled diabetes... it is really an illness that needs to be taken serious most every day.. if one do occasionally cheat like one day at a month it is not so bad but if it is most every day and a little all the time... then diabetes is a monster....

but if you are a baker yourself you can get a lot of recipies in here where you can make your own kind of cakes and treats that are of a kind that is okay for diabetics...
@Marcia13080

Last edited:

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
I will tag daisy for you but Freema just made a great list just above this post as well. @daisy1. She will send you some information for new forum members.
Below, in my signature, are the links to the Basic Information for new members and the Low Carb Program. I hope you will find them interesting and useful.

Reactions: hankjam and SWUSA_

Scarlet10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
15.5 been on toujeo over 5 weeks it's just not working so I'm being switched to tresiba but have to wait few days for hospital pharmacy to get it in. Hope that will bring better results.

A

asparagusp

Well after a possible hypo the previous night, I did wake up at 6.30 this morning but no sweating so went straight back to sleep. I had quite a few oatcakes with cheese and homemade tomato and leek soup for dinner, then another oatcake at 11.30 before bed. 6.4 then it is just now!

I'm about to submit my very mixed but good readings nevertheless for the month to the nurse and consultant, with the suggestion of changing the timing of the Lantus.