Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Its the one and only time of year that I have a flutter on the horses. This year I am going for Nigel Twiston-Davis horse 'Irish Raptor' at 40/1, £5 each way and that's my lot!

Come on Irish Raptor................................................ :roll: :wink:

Nigel

Tara

The national is probably one of the most difficult races to predict the winner of, but also one of the most popular betting races. I havent looked at the field yet but I'll probably have a few quid each way on something. Managed to pick the 4th home in the Irish national on easter monday at 16/1 but my mate just picked the winner out of thin air at 25/1 ! I do enjoy the racing though, even when I havent had a bet... although Cant believe the jumps season is almost over already, time is flying by.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I will have a flutter on Comply Or Die - He did ok for my hubby in 2008 - and it seems an apt title for us diabetics :lol: :lol:

My outsider is Mr Pointment - also seems like fate as I missed my diabetic clinic apt yesterday :shock: - have to wait a whole month now until next one - and they won't give results over the phone :evil: - hopefully I can get an appointment with nurse before that :roll:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
lovinglife said:
I think I will have a flutter on Comply Or Die - He did ok for my hubby in 2008 - and it seems an apt title for us diabetics :lol: :lol: :

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nigel

jopar

I have actually got a 100% betting sucess on my horse betting :mrgreen: I kid you not...

BUT

I've only ever placed one bet on a horse race... Grand National 1996 8)

The horse I betted on was 100-1 complete outsider called, 'greener on the other side of the fence' which seemed quite appt at the time as I hadn't long separated from my first husband after a not so good 11 year marriage...

I placed a 50p bet each way, as I had been talked out of placing a £1 bet (waste of money I was told etc) well it came in second and I got £36.50!

Mind you, I used to know a old chap who betted very small amounts, 10p perhaps 20p for a dead cert... He would often ask me when he was 'studying the form' in the paper which horse I reckoned would win out of the 2 or 3 he selected, I would always say, haven't got a glue about horse racing, but I like the sound of the name of that one.. So he would chose the opposite of what I said, 10p bet he lost everytime, and the one I chose won 8)

But I have never wanted to put another bet on a horse since..

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Lady luck eh Jopar! :D

Its time to break with tradition and tell us the winner this Saturday............please! :cry:

Nigel

foxglove

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders - especially the big black ones!
AND I THINK IT SHOULD BE BANNED!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Irish Raptor......................................................... :roll: :( :cry:

Nigel