Meet up?

Deespee23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is there any reason a cost would be entailed? If you were meeting in a pub, would people not simply buy their own food and deal with drinks similarly?

The £10 (or whatever) would be to cover the cost of the LCHF buffet as described above.....not many pubs could (or indeed do) provide a spread of T2 suitable food without prior arrangement. But as I said, it's only an idea at the moment.

Flashtash2014

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I would be interested if it was in brum type 2 here be nice to meet other people in a similar situation to discuss things

Deespee23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Flash

So life does exist in the blasted, post-industrial wasteland of the West Midlands (although I suppose the Lickeys are quite nice...;))

Are you thinking Town or any of the outliers......and what do you think of the LCHF buffet or do you reckon it would be overkill??? Where do you hail from, Flash?

Any other glucosally-challenged Brummies out there who would be prepared to emerge from under their LC stones and crawl out of the HF rockpools? I'm even willing to talk to West Bromwichians, Wulfruns and Dudleys!!!!! :angelic: (Oh go on then, Walsallians as well....)

Joke:
Q: How can you tell the difference between a Brummie accent and a Dudley accent?
A: A Dudley will say "Oim guin' ter town now" whilst the Brummie will say "can oi cummanall?"
PS - For those with "lung" memories, copyright Sir Lenny Henry from the 1970's.

So - let's have a few names - once I've got an idea of how many's (if any) interested, we can start to plan...let me know what you wanna do about the food - it was only a suggestion. "...and 60 bags of pork scratchings, please landlord...:yuck:"...and, of course, venue.....

Cheers all

Last edited:

Flashtash2014

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Haha I think the idea of the buffet would be a great one but just to meet up and get to know other people in a similar vain would be good too I hope more people come forward we could make it a regular thing?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For a first go, it might be better to ask the venue landlord if on the day they would be willing to do some lower carb options; perhaps variations on their usual menu (e.g. burgers available without buns, but extra salad, without any fuss, or all day brekkers, or pate with celery, or ploughman's style lunch without pork pie and break), to put a toe in the water? That could attract more people to just turn up on the day, rather than have someone responsible for catering to an unknown group of people's dietary needs, and perhaps that person being left out of pocket when people say they'll go, then can't/don't make it on the day.

Surely eating in a pub doesn't have to be a big deal?