best bread for a Type2.

A

asparagusp

None! If I'm going to allow myself extra carbs, I'd much rather do it eating fruit than tastless bread (or oat cakes - yuck)

Have you actually tried real bread and oatcakes Indy? I am not talking bandage bread but freshly baked stoneground wholemeal sprouted wheat bread which is also full of nutrients and low GI into the bargain for example.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nairns Organic Super Seeded - The information is from their website!
I think we have all got it that you like them... however that doesn't mean everyone does or that everyone wants to load up on pointless carbs..

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you actually tried real bread and oatcakes Indy? I am not talking bandage bread but freshly baked stoneground wholemeal sprouted wheat bread which is also full of nutrients and low GI into the bargain for example.
I've done a lot of reading on the problematic proteins to be found in grains - something once known cannot be unknown. Highly recommend Loren Cordain's research on wheat proteins in the book The Paleo Answer. Now I know the damage those proteins can cause, why would I want to eat them? And of course prior to knowing I used to eat them and suffered all the IBS-like symptoms they caused. Now having felt the difference without them, why would I willingly eat them again? I'm not a masochist ;)

Carb addicts defending their habits sound remarkably like other addicts to me - reminds me of the bad old days when I used to smoke :angelic:

Reactions: Robbity
A

asparagusp

I've done a lot of reading on the problematic proteins to be found in grains - something once known cannot be unknown. Highly recommend Loren Cordain's research on wheat proteins in the book The Paleo Answer. Now I know the damage those proteins can cause, why would I want to eat them? And of course prior to knowing I used to eat them and suffered all the IBS-like symptoms they caused. Now having felt the difference without them, why would I willingly eat them again? I'm not a masochist ;)

Carb addicts defending their habits sound remarkably like other addicts to me - reminds me of the bad old days when I used to smoke :angelic:

I have never smoked. I always was aware of it's dangers and anyone who does is an idiot. I wonder how many members here continue to smoke whilst on this addictive LCHF diet. Talk about brain washing.

I have never eaten a lot of carbohydrates and don't now. If you look at the nutritional aspect of oats, they contain a lot. and very tasty, not just for me but a few here too.

hornplayer

Isn't carbohydrate/sugar s'posed to be addictive? I'd never heard of a low carb diet being thought of as addictive before?

MrsHutt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I don't see that anyone has mentioned Lidl's protein rolls?? I LOVE them; so tasty and filling! I limit myself to two a week as (if I remember correctly) they are about 10g carbs each. I freeze them individually, defrost in an hour or so, slice through the middle and toast! Yummy!! There is more information on here if you search. They have saved my sanity!! ;-)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have never smoked. I always was aware of it's dangers and anyone who does is an idiot. I wonder how many members here continue to smoke whilst on this addictive LCHF diet. Talk about brain washing.

I have never eaten a lot of carbohydrates and don't now. If you look at the nutritional aspect of oats, they contain a lot. and very tasty, not just for me but a few here too.
Tell me. Just how does your Lantus handle the oats...? While we're at it. The bread.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@asparagusp

and what about the weight? You want to lose weight, you say you can't lose weight, but how many calories in oats and bread?
I'm confused now.. I was under the impression @asparagusp 's family needed to loose weight.. (From her documented "concerns.")
Though to be fair. My emphasis is on BS management stuff....? ;)