Just got this from facebook

andyfh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Apart from the pasta and rice, great article and endorsement of LCHF and our site :happy:

Reactions: lovinglife

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I looked at the associated picture and thought - 'right, ready steady cook!' but as a T1 I can cope with a certain amount of carbs, but I understand your exclamation.

Nice article though - whoop whoop this site!

Last edited:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh, how MARVELLOUS, and well done our very own @Administrator !

Is there a video available? It would be fantastic to see the whole talk. :D

Last edited:

MikeTurin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Which is fine, but usually not part of a "genuine" low carb diet.

Robbity
If it works even with some rice or potatoes I think it's ok.
If one loves rice with saffron or gnocchi with sagebrush and whiskey and sometimes eat a small quantity I don't think will kill its lchf diet.

By the way in the photo there are some bananas, that are actually packed with sugars...

S

serenity648

Which is fine, but usually not part of a "genuine" low carb diet.

Robbity

Are you saying that those who eat small amounts of carbs from rice, pasta, potatoes etc are not genuine low carbers? since when did that come into force?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
The 'low carb' can have a wide margin and some people would probably differ with the 'low carb' amount.
Some only 20 a day and other may do 50+ and both will have steady to good readings :) I personally like the term' reduced carbs' :)

Reactions: Joandollie
M

mist

The 'low carb' can have a wide margin and some people would probably differ with the 'low carb' amount.
Some only 20 a day and other may do 50+ and both will have steady to good readings :) I personally like the term' reduced carbs' :)

I wonder how many carbs are in a Erithacus rubecula :D

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Low carb does not mean no carb. You choose your daily limit how and with what foods you eat within that limit are up to the individual and their meter.

Reactions: Freema

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you saying that those who eat small amounts of carbs from rice, pasta, potatoes etc are not genuine low carbers? since when did that come into force?
If it works even with some rice or potatoes I think it's ok.
If one loves rice with saffron or gnocchi with sagebrush and whiskey and sometimes eat a small quantity I don't think will kill its lchf diet.

By the way in the photo there are some bananas, that are actually packed with sugars...

How can a diet be called low carb if you include high carb food?? I'm not saying people shouldn't eat carby foods if they can manage them - just that it's potentially confusing and misleading to call that a low carb diet - much the same as people saying they eat no carbs when some of them quite obviously do include them in their diet. It's certainly a misnomer and I'd prefer to call it a reduced carbs diet. Otherwise it's send ing mixed and confusing messages and many new diabetics are befuddled enough anyway about what they can or can't eat, which is counter productive - that's all.

Robbity

S

serenity648

How can a diet be called low carb if you include high carb food?? I'm not saying people shouldn't eat carby foods if they can manage them - just that it's potentially confusing and misleading to call that a low carb diet - much the same as people saying they eat no carbs when some of them quite obviously do include them in their diet. It's certainly a misnomer and I'd prefer to call it a reduced carbs diet. Otherwise it's send ing mixed and confusing messages and many new diabetics are befuddled enough anyway about what they can or can't eat, which is counter productive - that's all.

Robbity

as i understand it, carb calculation means the total amount of carbs you eat during the day, regardless of what foods those carbs come from.

Are you confusing it with low or high GI foods?

If someone has 50g of carbs as potato, or as any other carb containing food or drink, it is still 50g of carbs. Isnt it?

what do you mean by a high carb food? There may be more carbs, weight for weight, in some foods than other foods, but 50g of carbs is still 50g, regardless of how you choose to make up that amount.

I dont understand how some people can say they eat no carb foods if you are right that they actually do eat some. I thought that no-carbers do exactly that - they eat no carbs.

I do not agree that it is confusing and befuddling or counter productive to clarify these terms and understand exactly what is meant.

D

Deleted member 308541

I do not follow a low carb diet, like a lot of the forum members. I do however follow a reduced carb diet which seems to work for me.

I have to be careful with rice and pasta though, only a small amount served up for me satisfies my taste for the stuff. Cut right back on spuds although I eat low carb Spud Lites and a couple of slices of bread a day.

It was a interesting article to read, and it as others have said a nice colourful photo.

Edit: Spellun

Last edited by a moderator: