Silly question

elliesmum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hiya was told at last hospital appointment would be good to think about going on pump been diabetic 26 years no hypo awareness so been this week on dafne course finished today and listening to nurse ect if I do dafne correct my sugars will fall into place hypo awareness will return so now I feel like I won't get pump well was told today only get offered if get high readings in morning with changing Bi insulin so feeling bit disheartened now no pump :-( sorry if I posted this in wrong place

Dustydog

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Sorry to hear you may not get a pump. All I can say is that life for me on a pump has been totalling life changing. Wouldn't be without it now

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hiya was told at last hospital appointment would be good to think about going on pump been diabetic 26 years no hypo awareness so been this week on dafne course finished today and listening to nurse ect if I do dafne correct my sugars will fall into place hypo awareness will return so now I feel like I won't get pump well was told today only get offered if get high readings in morning with changing Bi insulin so feeling bit disheartened now no pump :-( sorry if I posted this in wrong place

No way give up and ignore this advice... Keep pushing and azure is right it is based on quality of life, you will get it, don't give up hope x

elliesmum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Awwww thank you all I come home from hospital today in tears just feel doing dafne and been told now go home and stick to it no pump but I try no give up thank you x

richyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Cold weather
I did dafne nearly 4 yrs ago. I spoke to the Nurse privately after it and showed her my injection sites which were quite bad. I said maybe a pump would be good. She then told me very likely i can have one. But foolishly I turned it down. 3yrs later I wanted one so my GP referred me for one. Yesterday I got one and so far I am very pleased, the freedom of not injecting when eating is remarkable.
type1 for 50yrs

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hiya was told at last hospital appointment would be good to think about going on pump been diabetic 26 years no hypo awareness so been this week on dafne course finished today and listening to nurse ect if I do dafne correct my sugars will fall into place hypo awareness will return

They can't guarantee that your hypo awareness will return, just keep pushing for a pump and don't give up, the good people at INPUT should be able to assist you. Good luck.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
You have to keep fighting @elliesmum - it can happen but you need to keep pushing it, it is affecting your quality of life so remember this and push it on this basis.

Reactions: elliesmum