Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Haha. It will have to be a trilogy!!

I'm also on the organ donor register, although that probably is null and void now that my body has decided to give up on me. And I definitely can't donate my skin now. Unless the recipient is into "body art" :D

The diabetes held me back on the organ thing but the body to science idea might cut my wife some slack on the last rites.. ;)
Though I was planning a Viking/Vader style pyre in my van?! Played to "cemetery gates" by Pantera. (Which my mum thought inappropriate.) who gives ****.. I won't..! Lol

D

Deleted member 308541

Cheap & cheerful
I have just updated my funeral arrangements, ordered a nice dull looking cardboard coffin with no religious decorations.

Got the price down by $2000.00 for a cremation. :meh:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I Wonder how many "healthy" donate to science..? Unless caught up in a "murder scene"..

Total respect to the last wishes of the woman in the documentary...

I am going to do the same, donate my body to science. I have already spoken with my GP about it, but he has now retired.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If I had to have a song, it would have to be Mortiis - Smell the witch. Tis my jam :D
"Get it on" while they put "yer stuff" in a washing up bowl.. In death as in life. :D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
You don't need to speak to your GP about it, other than to let them know that it is your wish to donate your body to medical science.

https://www.hta.gov.uk/medical-schools

Look for your local medical school, contact them and they will send out the relevant paperwork. :)

I asked him for his advice and what to do next ?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I asked him for his advice and what to do next ?
GPs just do the paperwork necessary for the "green card" ( I think it's called.?) it just says yer dead.. The rest (in life. & sane.) is up to you....

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What i dont understand is what they expect us to do about it? I have dieted and dieted. I have cut carbs etc and only lost 16lbs in over 7 months now. The first 14lbs went in the first 10 weeks...............then virtually nothing.

I have ME. I cant exercise it off...............and when I try to exercise I get shaky and nauseaous. My body simply wont burn off stored fat.

So what now? Just more and more blame and finger pointing at people like me.

Maybe there are several types of fat, depending on how it is caused. I am fed up, rock bottom, and scared.
Years ago i tried something called "the pink patch" for weight loss it was quite good as it turned just a walk into a full work out as far as fat burning goes. I know i found it online but havent seen it since. If you could find it maybe it would help. You wear it like a nicotine patch xx

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Years ago i tried something called "the pink patch" for weight loss it was quite good as it turned just a walk into a full work out as far as fat burning goes. I know i found it online but havent seen it since. If you could find it maybe it would help. You wear it like a nicotine patch xx
I think they are a version of the fat burner tablets which young people are popping at the moment and causing hug problems (death). Be very careful as not every aid is good for you. Diet can help more than exercise, that's been proven.
@serenity648 keep at low carb and see how much fat you need in YOUR diet to aid loss.
I've increased fat but added weight for me. I need low carb medium fat. Just enough fat to enjoy food (satiety).
I'm having another attempt at lcmf after my hols. This may be my last xmas before bariatric surgery so I'm determined to enjoy it! I'm recharging my dieting batteries. I'm going to need it.
If this 2nd attempt at lcmf doesn't work I'm signing up for surgery. Apparently guaranteed weight loss. I've managed my medical conditions so whatever gets thrown at me, I'll cope.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I think they are a version of the fat burner tablets which young people are popping at the moment and causing hug problems (death). Be very careful as not every aid is good for you. Diet can help more than exercise, that's been proven.
Yes it took me ages to persuade my daughter that they were not a particularly good idea.

Kittylitter

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What i dont understand is what they expect us to do about it? I have dieted and dieted. I have cut carbs etc and only lost 16lbs in over 7 months now. The first 14lbs went in the first 10 weeks...............then virtually nothing.

I have ME. I cant exercise it off...............and when I try to exercise I get shaky and nauseaous. My body simply wont burn off stored fat.

So what now? Just more and more blame and finger pointing at people like me.

Maybe there are several types of fat, depending on how it is caused. I am fed up, rock bottom, and scared.
Hi
I think I have found another person like me! I have been eating mainly boiled veg for every meal day in day out, apart from the odd cheese spread light triangle for months, have I lost any weight - nope I have also tried exercise, that hasn't helped either, the only way I ever lost weight was when I was 14 and starved myself to the point of fainting daily, which I refuse to do again. I have even looked into weight loss surgery to change the gut hormones and make the stomach tiny, but it has horrible risks, so like you I feel stuck and fed up - I am not pre-diabetic yet, but only one point off, so scared too.

Kittylitter

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought bariatric surgery involved dieting and being unable to eat. So I would have to starve to, maybe, lose weight, as 100 cals a day maintains my weight. I wonder what people eat after such surgery. Do they get malnourished after a while. And what about 10 years down the line...............
I have been looking into this surgery, the stomach is cut away and a new stomach pouch is made, but the pouch that now holds your food is only the size of an egg, so to start with you can only eat about 4 teaspoons of liquid food, then after 4 weeks, you go onto mashed food, still very small quantaties, then you work your way up to normal food, but in very small quantaties. The bypass alters your gut hormones so that your hunger hormone is switched off, and a lot of people with type 2 diabetes can come off their medication, as it alters the gut hormones and glucose levels within days even before the patient has lost weight. If they try to eat more than the stomach can hold then they will be sick or experience dumping if they eat sugar or high fat foods this is extremely unpleasant you feel shakey, faint, tremble, sweat, vomit and it puts people off eating foods high in sugar or fat. Patients also have to have 2 times multi vitamins and minerals aday for life. Some people that dont experience the shaking and pain etc can gradually eat more and more and stretch their pouches and obviously gain their weight back, but for those that use it as a tool rather than a magic cure can keep the weight off. One lady on a forum has lost 15 stone and kept it off for 9 yrs so far. I am at the stage of considering this surgery, but there are complications, you can get ulcers, the new pouch hole can be too tight, blood clots, bleeding, leaks etc, you have to weigh the pros and cons very carefully.